Sign in to follow this  

Can't see the wood for the trees...

Thanks Lars

AS is not a network install but I ran the AS connect install.exe again anyway.  I installed the X Gauge and currently have it open, it's working fine and showing me the precipitation in KSCK which is where I am now sitting.  So that's working OK which is good news.  I also have the Active Sky Remote Weather page open on my second monitor and that also shows me the same detail as X Gauge of course. 

I have disabled Windows Defender, no other AV installed.

So it must be something in PMDG, perhaps a setting in the FMC that I am missing?  I have paged through the options for equipment and displays but can't find anything related.

Appreciate you taking the time to help me pin point this.

Hi James

Youre welcome, glad you are making progress :) As you now have kind of proof that AS is working correctly and outputs radar data, i suggest to open a ticket with PMDG through http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main 

I couldnt think of any other settings that would prevent WX radar to work correctly. For me it was working 'right out of the box' without any special adjustments or setting changes. I dont recall that there's kind of a WX on/off setting in the FMC, same goes for AS properties, however cant check as i'm not in front of my sim rig. 

Just out of curiosity, even though i believe its unrelated to WX Radar function, does wind aloft and descent forecast uplink work during FMC pre-flight setup?

Yeah, I was just thinking next step would be a support ticket, ta!

I'm not sure exactly where I'd find winds aloft and descent forecast uplink during programming the FMC (not had any issues setting up a route, I must have seen it and not registered it properly), so please remind which page in the FMC to check that?

Have a good weekend!

1 hour ago, junkyspam7 said:

I'm not sure exactly where I'd find winds aloft and descent forecast uplink during programming the FMC (not had any issues setting up a route, I must have seen it and not registered it properly), so please remind which page in the FMC to check that?

Check the intro manual. Don't remember all of it off the top of my head, but legs page, route data, then select one of the buttons on the right side, doesn't matter which waypoint, and there should be a button for it then.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

51 minutes ago, junkyspam7 said:

The winds aloft, if your uplink is working, would appear when your click Iine 6 to the right of RTE DATA> of the ACT RTE 1 LEGS. The ACT RTE 1 DATA page appears. Click on line 6 to the right of Wind Data Request>. In five to ten seconds Load will appear and after that the Execute button will light up . Execute it. Then on the same page you will see W> for each waypoint. Click to the right of the W> and the next page shows winds aloft for four altitudes. You will receive a message the Descent Forecast Wind are available. Go to VNAV page 3 of 3. Click on Forecast. Then Load. Then you will have winds aloft by waypoint and Descent Forecast by altitude in the FMC.

Hi All

Just wanted to let you know that I upgraded my version of FSUIPC to the latest, 4.965 and the weather radar is now working properly.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, especially Woozie for all your help and advice.

Will check the winds aloft etc next time I have time to actually plan a route and fly!

Let's go fly in some storms!

Cheers!

James