Sign in to follow this  
arnava1304

Nvidia 381.65 --- any results?

Looking forward to your results Arnav  (nice aeronautical name by the way).

Mario Di Lauro

Hi,

Just found out the new driver today. Will test shortly after my current flight. And I will have a long-haul tonight to see how it works too.

By the way, I am using the latest one and I don't seem to have the memory leak.

Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

same issue still exist (OOM dinging after about 25min in route EGLL UK2000-LOWI Orbx), back to 376.33 all OK.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

I just tested it. FSLABs A320x with EXT POWER at Flightbeam Phoenix KPHX + Chaseplane, no AI, no weather. No memory leak after an hour.

I will leave it there for the night, having the FSUIPC log to monitor VAS too.

FYI I did not have memory leak issue with 378.92

Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

1 hour ago, penta_a said:

same issue still exist (OOM dinging after about 25min in route EGLL UK2000-LOWI Orbx), back to 376.33 all OK.

Not to discredit what you said, so please don't take offense, but I thought the memory leak was only with 10 series Nvidia cards?

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

The problem is not related to Nvidias 10 series in particular.
I´m having pretty heavy VAS-leak issues with drivers newer than 376.33 on a GTX 980 and absolutely no problems when using this old driver although I have to say I haven´t tested the newest 381.65 yet. As there are already reports saying that the problem is still present with 381.65 I think I´ll save the time for installing, testing and the rollback of the driver.

In the end it´s simply very annoying that Nvidia and Lockkheed Martin doesn´t bother about a problem paying customers have with their products for half a year now.

Are these the drivers that have the new "game mode"? I wonder what that would do for FSX/P3D?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

It's the Windows 10 "Creators Edition" that has the new game mode, not the video drivers.

32 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Are these the drivers that have the new "game mode"? I wonder what that would do for FSX/P3D?

For P3D obviously nothing, because that's a simulator, not a game. /s

Hello, I am curious how do people check the memory leak? I always test with the most basic set up in my Prepar3D so that I can eliminate the possibility that addons cause the memory leak.

I tested with FSlabs A320x, Flightbeam Phoenix KPHX and sit on the ramp for almost 9 hours now and absolutely no memory leak using the latest driver.

Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

1 hour ago, domae001 said:

For P3D obviously nothing, because that's a simulator, not a game. /s

Found out it is setting only in the new win 10 update and helps cpu bound games and sims but I will believe it when I see it. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

im running win10 creators update, game mode has no noticeable effect before/after for P3d 3.4

6 hours ago, Schlotterknie said:

The problem is not related to Nvidias 10 series in particular.
I´m having pretty heavy VAS-leak issues with drivers newer than 376.33 on a GTX 980 and absolutely no problems when using this old driver although I have to say I haven´t tested the newest 381.65 yet. As there are already reports saying that the problem is still present with 381.65 I think I´ll save the time for installing, testing and the rollback of the driver.

In the end it´s simply very annoying that Nvidia and Lockkheed Martin doesn´t bother about a problem paying customers have with their products for half a year now.

I'm pretty sure that people who still on Win7 do not suffer VAS issues with 378 + divers. I have pretty much addon-filled sim and I have zero issues with either drivers. I have 980Ti and i7-6700k OC-ed to 4.7