Sign in to follow this  
arnava1304

Nvidia 381.65 --- any results?

Hello. 

I was having VAS leaks on my setup since 376.33 and I've been reporting them in a methodical approach here. Always using the same test setup: load the simulator with the FSLabs A320 at the gate, cold and dark. No additional add-ons, no weather, no AI. Monitor VAS for 1h~ and draw conclusions from there. Using Win7 with a 980Ti.

On every release since 376.33 I saw a steady leak of ~300MB VAS per hour. 

Today I ran the same test with 381.65 and finally the leaks stopped!

Started the test at 1355z and VAS usage was 2798MB. One hour latter at 1455z VAS usage was 2794MB.

5 minutes ago, Wolf0 said:

Hello. 

I was having VAS leaks on my setup since 376.33 and I've been reporting them in a methodical approach here. Always using the same test setup: load the simulator with the FSLabs A320 at the gate, cold and dark. No additional add-ons, no weather, no AI. Monitor VAS for 1h~ and draw conclusions from there. Using Win7 with a 980Ti.

On every release since 376.33 I saw a steady leak of ~300MB VAS per hour. 

Today I ran the same test with 381.65 and finally the leaks stopped!

Started the test at 1355z and VAS usage was 2798MB. One hour latter at 1455z VAS usage was 2794MB.

Hi,
Your test method is pretty much the same as mine. I put the A320x at the gate over the night, in the morning I woke up and I did not see a single leak from the memory with the latest driver now.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Installed 381.65 yesterday, no memory leak but all my controls were disabled and GSX stopped working, rolled back to previous driver, all problems resolved. I have yet to find a memory leak of any description with "any" NVidia driver. In fact I tested the last released driver by flying the PMDG 737-400 v3 from Heathrow to Hong Kong to Sydney without a break, I landed at Sydney with over 700mb of available VAS, the flight using PMDG's acceleration took over 6hrs and was a complete success,the live streamed video is available on my you tube channel.

The only memory leak I discovered was with water settings on ultra. Set them to medium and leak vanished. Aside from many 3rd party airports and scenery addon's I am also using P3D Tweak Assistant, ProATC X, AS16, ASCA, ENVTEX and UT Live.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

20 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

Installed 381.65 yesterday, no memory leak but all my controls were disabled and GSX stopped working, rolled back to previous driver, all problems resolved. I have yet to find a memory leak of any description with "any" NVidia driver. In fact I tested the last released driver by flying the PMDG 737-400 v3 from Heathrow to Hong Kong to Sydney without a break, I landed at Sydney with over 700mb of available VAS, the flight using PMDG's acceleration took over 6hrs and was a complete success,the live streamed video is available on my you tube channel.

That is weird, everything works normally in my system. Did you do a clean remove the older driver?
I use "Driver Display Uninstaller" and it removes completely everything related to the graphic driver.

Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

I have no problems with this driver too.  All controls and GSX working normally, and definitely no VAS leak.

Win10 - P3Dv3.4 - PMDG QOTSII - Flytampa CYYZ - GSX - ORBX FSGlobal, Global Vector and NA LC - AS16/ASCA - probably a few things I forgot!  

Stable VAS between 3.2 and 3.6 during 13 hour flight from CYYZ to OMDB using PXSeecon for traffic.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

So I used Process Explorer to test for a memory leak in 381.65. I loaded P3Dv3.5 with a cold and dark PMDG 747 and parked at the gate with no other P3D Applications running. I returned after 8 hours and the P3D.exe memory usage was almost identical. It had changed from 2739.600k to 2780.224k

My card is a GTX 1080.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Rock solid for me too with the VAS....except the crazy FSL320 which leaks VAS like a sieve. Lost 500mb in a few hours just sitting at the gate. Every other aircraft holds steady.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Hello folks,

I have had the same VAS issues on my new rig. Tried every possible solution to no avail.

The latest driver 381.65 does not fix the issue, but it seems to have slightly improved things. The VAS does not leak as fast, but still unusable. 

Looks like P3D will be ditched until either Nvidia or LM have a fix.

Cheers,

Q8Pilot

1 minute ago, oalabdullah said:

Hello folks,

I have had the same VAS issues on my new rig. Tried every possible solution to no avail.

The latest driver 381.65 does not fix the issue, but it seems to have slightly improved things. The VAS does not leak as fast, but still unusable. 

Looks like P3D will be ditched until either Nvidia or LM have a fix.

Cheers,

Q8Pilot

If this was a fundamental problem with the driver, P3D or a combination of the two, everyone here would be having a problem and some are clearly not. That would tend to indicate that it's more likely system dependant so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for either NVIDIA or LM to bring out a fix.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

On 4/9/2017 at 0:05 AM, HighTowers said:

Rock solid for me too with the VAS....except the crazy FSL320 which leaks VAS like a sieve. Lost 500mb in a few hours just sitting at the gate. Every other aircraft holds steady.

I have heard setting the Water to medium in P3D system prevent the VAS leak, I just installed P3D and I set it right to medium. Never try higher setting. Have you tried it?
Cheers,

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

13 hours ago, vortex681 said:

If this was a fundamental problem with the driver, P3D or a combination of the two, everyone here would be having a problem and some are clearly not. That would tend to indicate that it's more likely system dependant so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for either NVIDIA or LM to bring out a fix.

I can't say that I agree with you fully here. I have had the same VAS issue on two very different machines with completely different specs. The problems on my older machine started after upgrading to the latest hotfix from LM. 

On a brand new rig, the same problems persists which can only lead to a conclusion that some code has changed either on LM or nVidia's sides. It may be the case that the code changes introduced by either party only affects certain systems and/or system configurations, but for those affected, P3D is not usable to say the least. Without a fix, I am afraid a larger audience would very quickly start moving to alternative platforms.

As for me, I would want to enjoy flying the sim, not keep tweaking, fixing, and/or rolling back to outdated drivers.

18 hours ago, Hoang said:

I have heard setting the Water to medium in P3D system prevent the VAS leak, I just installed P3D and I set it right to medium. Never try higher setting. Have you tried it?
Cheers,

Hoang Le

Will have to give it a try. After more extensive testing , and moving views around while at the gate, memory leaks happen with water on high even with other aircraft although not nearly as fast as FSL320. Some recovers though. We just need 64bit to put this problem to bed for good. Shouldnt have to worry about running out of memory in this modern era.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I did a test with this driver today. FSL A320x departing LOWI and landing at LOWL.

I sat at the gate for 1 hour. Full startup etc. Landed and shut down. 

The VAS was steady and at times recovered a bit.

No obvious leak found.

I chose this AC since it can be the most demanding and used two payware airfields. Full Orbx set but no weather. Variable weather = variable results.

FWIW

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I don't have any VAS issues, and I'm using 378.78.  I do  have the water set to high, but haven't observed any VAS leaks.  But I am using HF2, not HF3.  I think HF3 may be at the root of the problem, as it was supposed to be a SLI fix.  Since this update effects the way P3D interacts with the driver, it may have caused this VAS issue.

Alan