Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Install Errors & Black Screen

While installing version 2.4.2 I get 2 error notices:

One says setup could not install the extra files.  The Garmin Trainer  installer returned.  The system cannot find the file specified.

Two says an error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory.  Move file failed, code 5.  Access is denied.

Then when starting the sim, the GTN750 just has a black box and does not start up. 

I tried, but cannot attach my log files to this message.

I originally had version 2.2.4.0 and then installed 2.4.2, but not over the original.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and still got the same 2 error messages and black screen.

Now what?  Jean-Luc, any ideas?

Thanks,

Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I downloaded and installed version 2.4.0 and got the following message during the install: 

"Setup could not install the extra files.  The Garmin Trainer installer returned:

The system cannot find the file specified

Setup will now continue installing normally but the product will fail running properly".

Now I just get a black screen in the simulator and the GTN 750 will not start. 

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Go to Program Data > Reality XP >Common > GTN Trainer. Unzip the trainer zip file and try executing the trainer from there.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Thanks Lenny.  I did that and I did install the trainer, but I still have a blank screen on the GTN750.

Howard

Hi Howard,

Can you please try downloading and install the trainer from here:
http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=9256

As for the RXP installer, there is no need to uninstall first. The installer is designed to update files 'over' existing installation.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Howie,

Can you please report the content of 'my documents\rxpGtnSim.dll.log' and 'my documents\rxpGtn.xpl.log' ?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi Jean-Luc,

Here they are.  Do you think it would be better if I just deleted and started over?

rxpGtnSim.dll

17/04/07 21:48:53.797 05320 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.2.0
17/04/07 21:50:08.461 02604 INFO ] GTN 750.1 host application exited unexpectedly.

rxpGTN.xpl

17/04/07 21:48:50.459 05320 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.0.0

Howard

That is where I downloaded the Trainer from.

Howard

2 hours ago, RXP said:

As for the RXP installer, there is no need to uninstall first. The installer is designed to update files 'over' existing installation.

I already deleted the RXP installer, several times.  Could that be part of the problem?

Howard

The rxpGtnSim.dll log shows the host application (i.e. X-Plane) process has exited. 

In short: X-Plane loads a plugin, call the plugin 'start', the plugin does its thing, when X-Plane closes, it call the plugin 'stop', then unloads the plugin (it is a DLL), then exit. This sequence gives a chance to the plugin to properly startup and shutdown.

The log tells X-Plane didn't took the time to do this before exiting. It could be because you have 'killed the process' (task manager?), or it just CTD.

Other than this, there is nothing in the log that tells it is not working. Can you please cross-check the GTN Setting panels and make sure you use 100% lighting intensity, just to make sure it is not just because the aircraft you are using does not have the correct lighting buses?

Deleting the installer does not delete the installed files. It just make it harder for you when you need to re-install, because you have to download again!

Hi Jean-Luc.  I just checked again and the screen brightness and button brightness are both at 100%.

If you think I should start over, just tell me what files to delete and what to reinstall. Sorry for all the bother.

Thanks,

Howard

Howard

Jean-Luc.  I just tried bringing over a GTN750 installation that I had in XPlane10 into XPlane11.  It has a light grey screen with small red letters in the bottom left of the screen.  When I go back to version 2.4.2 that I installed into XPlane11 it still comes up with the solid black screen.

Thanks again,

Howard

Howard

Hi Jean-Lu.  Well, I am not sure why, but the 750 is working fine again. I started up the Trainer without XP11 running and then I ran XP11 and the 750 just started up again.  The only problem I still see is that that the wind speed is not displaying.  It just says zero.

Howard

Hi guys, install the gps and at the beginning of the installation gave me the trainer error I downloaded it and I went to common and I unzip it er deleted several times and when I start with a plane the gps screen looks black and I do not know Ignite, I do not know what to do anymore