Sign in to follow this  
Flacwby

I love Pilot2ATC but 8 attempts and no joy

I love Pilot2ATC but I've tried 8 different flights now and Pilot2ATC has crashed every single time. Never at the same place. I can get airborne but at some point in the route I get an exception pop-up, I click Continue but ATC now stops talking or responding to me. I quit, start it back up but now I am not on the flight plan because it thinks should be at my departure airport. I've tried LSS - LSZH 3 times, KATL - KTLH, KATL-KDTW 3 times, KTYS - KATL.  I know others seem to have no issues. I've got a top of the line computer, Graphics and X Plane runs wonderful, I just can't get a flight to complete from start to finish. 

So my 9th attempt was almost a success but I think I need help. I got all the way to cleared on the ILS approach and then that was the last ATC I heard. In reading the tutorials and watching videos ATC is supposed to follow you all the way to the gate. What am I missing?

I caught crashing out too without any error message.   For me it is the extra TTS voices I was using from CereProc.    They do not play nicely with P2A.   They overwhelm the speech engine which crashes out and if that crashes out it will take P2A with it.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I have been using P2A for about a month. Rebuilt my pc many times. I found the problem with my crashes revolved around the voices. 

There are lots of links to free voices, trail voices etc etc however those voices just caused me problems. P2A works well however the complexity of what it does is naturally going to have the odd hick-up.

My recommendation is keep persevering with this software as the reward is tremendous. I have airport chatter and the voice interaction is great.

I recommend setting up your own training voice script, with the typical call sign you use. This also helps you the end user with getting the clear instructions to the TTS engine.

I still get amazed with this software on a daily basis.

Paul

Next time keep an eye on the dialogue box and might help you understand the cause. Maybe P2A didn't understand your last readback and didn't advance to the next phase. Sometime I have to laugh at the things P2A thinks I said when I am mumbling readbacks.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2