Sign in to follow this  
Kegs

Help please with Prepar3D V3 Download

Hi

This is my first time on the forum and now very frustrated at trying to download V3 and ready to request a refund. I just could not download the full Academic version and match the MD5 checksum.  I then downloaded the individual component downloads and managed to get the checksums matching except for Scenes 3, 4 and 5. I have tried now without success on a i7 desktop, i7 laptop and an i5 laptop with anti virus programes removed, and windows 10 defender and firewalls turned off. I cannot believe that something can be so difficult. I am not an expert on computers but have never ever experienced downloading difficullty like this before. I have now been trying this off and on for three weeks now and thought I would come on here to see if someone could help me please. I only have a limited data cap on my monthly plan.  I tried using Internet Download Manger with Microsoft Edge and also Chrome and then with Crono Download Manager.

Thank you 

John

Best to go to the Lockheed Prepared 3D forums or use their support.  You have posted every possible way to download the product and you have limited data with your ISP.  Contacting them is your last resort.  Believe they have a DVD option. 

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi John,

Try clearing the download cache of those four programs. I don't use any of those so can't tell you how to do it. I'm guessing that over three weeks you're never really downloading anything, just comparing to what's already on your computer which seems to be corrupt.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Hi Kegs,

If possible, try using your laptop at work or a friends place if they have a different internet service provider. If not, try using a VPN. I had an issue where Prepar3d downloads had trouble starting on my home ISP but downloaded no problem at work. Its worth a shot. 

It could very well be your service provider. Best thing to do is find a friend who has a cable connection and download from there and transport the downloaded files home via usb stick.

Some ISP's just have lousy download service (from my own experiance)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Best to go to the Lockheed Prepared 3D forums or use their support.  You have posted every possible way to download the product and you have limited data with your ISP.  Contacting them is your last resort.  Believe they have a DVD option. 

Thank you Jim. I realize now that that was where my first call for help should have been. 

4 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Hi John,

Try clearing the download cache of those four programs. I don't use any of those so can't tell you how to do it. I'm guessing that over three weeks you're never really downloading anything, just comparing to what's already on your computer which seems to be corrupt.

Hi Jay

Thanks for your suggestion - will try this.

John

4 hours ago, FrankSalo said:

Hi Kegs,

If possible, try using your laptop at work or a friends place if they have a different internet service provider. If not, try using a VPN. I had an issue where Prepar3d downloads had trouble starting on my home ISP but downloaded no problem at work. Its worth a shot. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I had thought that this could be a solution. I may try this at my son's home in Auckland during the weekend.

Cheers

John

7 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

It could very well be your service provider. Best thing to do is find a friend who has a cable connection and download from there and transport the downloaded files home via usb stick.

Some ISP's just have lousy download service (from my own experiance)

Thanks Jim for your suggestion. I did wonder whether the download service might be the problem with the download, and also downloading from someone else's computer and loading it on to a usb stick might be the answer. There seem so many variables, strange really when I rarely have a problem downloading.

Cheers

John

Edited by Kegs
I meant to say that I rarely have a problem downloading

There is always the possibility to have minor problems on both ends. The place your downloading the file from may have a lot of traffic and your ISP problems = a big problem.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Success at last.  I managed to download the 3 files Scenes 3, 4 and 5 successfully with a mobile phone hotspot that had plenty of available data. The  computer I used with Firefox and add-on Internet Download Manager with no antivirus or malware programs installed and Windows defender and Firewall turned off. There was obviously some interference between the Prepar3D download site via my ISP and my receiving computer to receive the files with full integrity to enable matching checksums. I now have the simple task of just loading P3D and flying!

By the way I asked if Prepar3D academic was available by DVD. The reply was:

"Prepar3D is only available as a digital download from our website. We chose this method of delivery because it allows you to receive the software quickly and it gives us the ability to provide frequent updates. We do not plan on releasing DVDs in the future."

Thank you all for your support.

Avsim - You have a fabulous site here 

John