Sign in to follow this  
Kyprianos Biris

PMDG 737 engine sounds

Has anyone "lost' the PMDG 737 NGX engines sounds when sitting in pilot seat and looking ahead ?

I ask this here in case its related with chaseplane.

Once I turn my head beyond 90* degrees left or right (i.e. looking at 7 or 5 o' clock) engine sounds can be heard (no change of head position in cockpit).

Moving position further back (laterally) does not make a difference.

Sound sliders in P3D are all to max.

PMDG AMBIENCE sound only is set to 30, the rest to MAX.

Before chaseplane installation I used to hear them, that tiny bit that they can be heard in cockpit.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

No problem here, but did have it before I made sure to have my settings in P3D set correctly. That is, making sure you don't pause sound when in window mode and messing with ChasePlane settings, Not sure if that's your issue, but it was mine.

I found the problem.

During a recent windows update (which coincided with ChasePlane installation day, my sound settings went from 5.1 surround to Stereo output so I lost the rear L & R channel which was playing the engine sounds in the rear speakers.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440