Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Looking for GA planes that work correctly in XP11

Looking for some good GA planes that work correctly in XP11.  The Autopilot must work correctly.  I found too many weird things with the included Baron and King Air.

Your recommendation could be either pay or freeware, GA twin or single.

Thank You.

Aerobask's Pipestral Panthera...comes highly recommended, flies like a dream, looks beautiful and the GTN750 is a must have (included with the aircraft, I might add).

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

We'll all have our favorites, but here are mine that I've been using in XP11*, all payware:

Carenado Pilatus PC-12
Carenado Aero Commander 500S
Carenado Cessna C208B Caravan
RWDesigns DHC-6 Twin Otter
STMA Beech 18

Helicopters:

X-Trident Bell 412
DreamFoil Bell 407
ND BK-117

*Note that all of these are XP10 models, and have not been officially updated to XP11 yet. With the new flight model and engine model changes in XP11, they may not fly "by the numbers" the way they did in XP10, but I haven't noticed any major problems in the final release. All autopilots and GPS work as designed for each model. 

These models will eventually be updated to XP11 versions, either free or paid depending on the degree of enhancement with new, XP11-specific features.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Not exactly GA, but so far I know the Aerosoft CRJ-200 works in X-Plane 11 if you were after a small jet airliner (actually says so on the Aerosoft site, even though it was an X-Plane 10 bird originally when I bought it), the Khamsin Boeing B-17G works in 11 too, even though officially it's XP10.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The one suggestion I'd make, without making any recommendations, is to keep an eye on the front page at the .org store. Quite often a major update to an existing product results in the product showing up on the front page; checking the description / requirements will then show if it's been updated for XP11.

Pretty much everyone is rushing to update for XP11 at this point, and there's some really good compatible choices.

Also, the occasional freeware has been updated as well - I noticed that a XP11 version of DDenn's Republic SeaBee has just been released at the .org today, I'll be checking that one out tonight I think.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I like AirFoilLabs 172 before they lock ability to fly it in XP11 beta. I think it's closest to real thing 172 I ever tried (sorry A2A)

I haven't tried any Carenado airplanes, because I still can't overcome over my personal bias toward their products (back in P3D) I flown dozen of Carenado counterpart in real life and other than great visual there was nothing more there to discover (again in P3D).

I haven't spend much time with Aerobask's Pipestral Panthera, but for me it's ok airplane not too bad not too good. Although much batter than other mainstream X-plane GA.

I'm fixed wing pilot, but from what I understand DreamFoil Bell 407 is the best helicopter representation ever. Really enjoy flying in it.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Just now, sd_flyer said:

I haven't tried any Carenado airplanes, because I still can't overcome over my personal bias toward their products (back in P3D) I flown dozen of Carenado counterpart in real life and other than great visual there was nothing more there to discover (again in P3D).

I haven't spend much time with Aerobask's Pipestral Panthera, but for me it's ok airplane not too bad not too good. Although much batter than other mainstream X-plane GA.

I'm fixed wing pilot, but from what I understand DreamFoil Bell 407 is the best helicopter representation ever. Really enjoy flying in it.

The Carenado / Alabeo products are only visually similar in X-Plane; functionally, they are very polished and quite well done. Some of the early ports even have features such as working circuit breakers. By skipping them, you may be missing out somewhat. The only ones I'm not a fan of in X-Plane are the G1000 equipped models. As much as I appreciate the effort they made, the more recent Dynon Skyview glass that Aerobask has developed has, in my opinion, seriously upped the bar on what I expect from a PFD/MFD.

Speaking of, are you talking about the new release of the Pipestral? Because I personally have a hard time finding anything wrong with that aircraft at all, and have yet to hear anything but good things from anyone else either... it's the first time I've heard anyone say 'not too good' in the same breath, that's for sure.

Helicopters in XP11 seem to have some problems still, and are yet to be as polished & stable as they were in XP11, the Bell 407 included. For an overview, look through a few of the XP11 threads in the Dreamfoil subforum on the .org. LR has been notified of the bugs, but until they get fixed, it really sounds like XP10 is the better helicopter platform.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Lots of great comments and suggestions here.  Thanks.  Appreciate more suggestions ... there is really no right and wrong answer.  I absorb everything and go from there.  :biggrin:

1 minute ago, PDX Flyer said:

Lots of great comments and suggestions here.  Thanks.  Appreciate more suggestions ... there is really no right and wrong answer.  I absorb everything and go from there.  :biggrin:

It would help if you gave some more information about your expectations or what you liked in other sims. Also, many GA aircraft use the default autopilot, so it would be good to know which issues you had with it.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

1 hour ago, MarioDonick said:

It would help if you gave some more information about your expectations or what you liked in other sims. Also, many GA aircraft use the default autopilot, so it would be good to know which issues you had with it.

Fair enough question.  I am sort of all over the board on my answer.  About 90% of the time, I enjoy flying GA aircraft.   I like to use the GPS 530 to direct my plane to a certain airport.  I set the Autopilot on 'NAV' and also set a desired altitude.  This allows me to enjoy the scenery and compose and take screenshots.

Then the is the other 10% of me that enjoys flying the tubeliners and really getting in deep to programming the FMS and hoping that the plane can "land itself".

ps:  I was having trouble making the autopilot on the delivered Baron and King Air C90 direct to a certain altitude.  I googled this and others have had this problem also?

I'd like to add my vote to the X-Trident Bell 412.

They released a version for X-Plane 11 just a little bit ago. I think it's my favorite helicopter, period. The best implementation of force trim outside of DCS. Just very nice to operate. Looks nice too.

Yeah, Dreamfoil helicopter are not working in X-Plane 11 yet.

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

2 hours ago, Jimmy RFR said:

Speaking of, are you talking about the new release of the Pipestral? Because I personally have a hard time finding anything wrong with that aircraft at all, and have yet to hear anything but good things from anyone else either... it's the first time I've heard anyone say 'not too good' in the same breath, that's for sure.

It depends what do you look for. As I mentioned I did't put many hours in it, but I tried few slow flight, accelerated stalls, spins and etc similar to that

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Impressive video. Is everyone a test pilot or are they just well lubricated observers? ;)

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Guest JustanotherPilot

Carenado F33 Bonanza

Carenado B1900D

vFlyteAir Piper Cherokee PA140 Glass Cockpit and their AA-5B.