1 hour ago, Gregm8907 said:

Is anybody else getting a clicking noise after a conditioner lever is moved all the way forward? Mine did not do that before 1.1 and it is constant, the plane even loads with it clicking. Sounds like an igniter. 

Shouldn't be igniters.  The -28 engines didn't have them.  They used glow plugs. 

The PA31T manuals says that the -28 uses a spark type ignition system.

Interesting.  I can tell you for sure the -28 engine in the King Air E90 used glow plugs.  Maybe the ignition system is not unique to the particular engine and can be chosen by the airframe manufacturer.  If so....Piper chose well while Beechcraft chose poorly in the case of the E90.   

On 4/12/2017 at 10:56 PM, Gregm8907 said:

Is anybody else getting a clicking noise after a conditioner lever is moved all the way forward? Mine did not do that before 1.1 and it is constant, the plane even loads with it clicking. Sounds like an igniter. 

Yes - I was able to correct this by moving the file: CARPA31Tignition from > Program Files (x86) > Lockheed Martin > Prepar3D > Sound > Carenado > CarSoundPA31T to Lockheed Martin > Prepar3D v3 > SimObjects > Airplanes > Carenado PA31T_Cheyenne_II > sound.

However,

This plane is very buggy, with reduced framerate, what seem like arbitrary engine failure(s), other sound problems, and numerous other gremlins. I hope Carenado comes out with an update soon. 

FYI, the 'arbitrary' engine failure(s) only occur if you operate the engines above their torque limit for quite some time and as this is already v1.1, another update might take some time.

1 hour ago, Maxseven said:

and numerous other gremlins

What are these other gremlins,?

done quite a few flights with ver 1.1 and apart from the trim wheel and perhaps the ap/fd switches I don't see it being 'very buggy'

you could try turning off the ignition switches. after start up or after initial climb out.

bob

edit ..just finished a flight from KAUN to KOAK with orbx sc scenery , frame rates around 30 and vas was just under 1gb.

5 hours ago, onebob said:

you could try turning off the ignition switches. after start up or after initial climb out.

The ignition switches should be turned off together with the starter switches as soon as the engine reaches idle after start according to the SOP.

4 hours ago, J35OE said:

The ignition switches should be turned off together with the starter switches as soon as the engine reaches idle after start according to the SOP.

Yes thanks for pointing that out, I see it now in the engine start check list. Been to busy enjoying flying. normally do this at first to see what works or not before getting into the procedures. As I have been using engines already up and running on hearing the ignition sound I incorrectly  assumed it was normal to switch off the ignition during the climb in case an engine start was needed.

bob

On 4/8/2017 at 2:44 AM, C525B said:

Yeah, I'm seeing this too...looks like there's no change there.  Still showing prop/power turbine RPM, not N1/Ng.

I think it's showing N1 while on the ground and N2 while airborne.  Odd.

14 hours ago, whamil77 said:

I think it's showing N1 while on the ground and N2 while airborne.  Odd.

Upon further review, it's showing percentage of maximum prop RPM on the ground and N2 in flight. 

Comparing the values with AFSD is looks like the gauge is showing Non ground and CN1   in the air.

Yep.  I had it right the first time.  The different naming conventions for jets and turboprop/helicopter engines is always a source of confusion to me. 

10 hours ago, J35OE said:

Comparing the values with AFSD is looks like the gauge is showing Non ground and CN1   in the air.

13 hours ago, whamil77 said:

Upon further review, it's showing percentage of maximum prop RPM on the ground and N2 in flight. 

You guys are right about this...the gauge is in fact switching the variable it's indicating.  I didn't notice that earlier.  I think this was intentional, even if poorly conceived. 

I've read that the condition levers on MSFS turboprop engines are hard-coded for a minimum idle of 62% N1 or something like that.  However, I see that the -28s should idle ~52%, which would be unattainable without sophisticated programming.  So Carenado's picked a different variable (% prop RPM) that displayed a range that was closer to what they were looking for, but the result is that your indications are totally whack in many circumstances.  A better choice would be to indicate N1-10% or something like that and make your max N1 in the .air file 112% so that the in-flight power settings would appear to be in-range.

9 minutes ago, C525B said:

You guys are right about this...the gauge is in fact switching the variable it's indicating.  I didn't notice that earlier.  I think this was intentional, even if poorly conceived. 

I've read that the condition levers on MSFS turboprop engines are hard-coded for a minimum idle of 62% N1 or something like that.  However, I see that the -28s should idle ~52%, which would be unattainable without sophisticated programming.  So Carenado's picked a different variable (% prop RPM) that displayed a range that was closer to what they were looking for, but the result is that your indications are totally whack in many circumstances.  A better choice would be to indicate N1-10% or something like that and make your max N1 in the .air file 112% so that the in-flight power settings would appear to be in-range.

It just seems a stretch to me.  The only significant thing about N1 on a PT6 is the upper, don't exceed, limit.  I don't really care what the idle speed is.  The mechanics care because they have to set the idle appropriately.  But I can't set the idle speed in the simulator, so why do I give a crap whether it says 52% or 62%?  I do think it was intentional.  I looked at the model and the animation for the RPM needle is called "SIM ON GROUND" and carries several different lens which implies that it was coded that way on purpose.  It just seems like a lot of trouble to get a gauge to indicate a value that is not of interest to pilots, especially in an airplane that does not provide a means to set it like you can in a King Air .  Your suggestion makes infinitely more sense.   

On 4/14/2017 at 3:23 PM, Maxseven said:

Yes - I was able to correct this by moving the file: CARPA31Tignition from > Program Files (x86) > Lockheed Martin > Prepar3D > Sound > Carenado > CarSoundPA31T to Lockheed Martin > Prepar3D v3 > SimObjects > Airplanes > Carenado PA31T_Cheyenne_II > sound.

However,

This plane is very buggy, with reduced framerate, what seem like arbitrary engine failure(s), other sound problems, and numerous other gremlins. I hope Carenado comes out with an update soon. 

Worked for me.