Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

Having trouble getting my CH yoke and pedals to register in 11

Recommended Posts

Right away some problems. Same as always, have to figure out the programmer's approach to things.

Having trouble getting my CH yoke and pedals to register in 11. Keep calibrating, but won't work. Secondly when I try a flight anywhere in central Fla. and start a flight I'm told that a needed terrain file is missing and my airport will be surrounded with water. Asks if I want to d/l the file and when I say yes and go through the whole process, still water. 4 cycles through this so I know I've got something out of whack and a new thing to learn.

It's just one of the parts of getting new software installed and working. I'll get it done. Keeps me out of bars and off the streets though. :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

10 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Having trouble getting my CH yoke and pedals to register in 11. Keep calibrating, but won't work.

If I remember correctly, they have had a lot of issues with controls either keeping their settings or working at all.  I use an Xbox One controller and since about PB11 or so, the right analog stick no longer works within the game.  I can set it to pan the camera around in the settings, but it wont work in the game.  I know I have seen other people complain, but never saw anything from LR on if they would fix it.  The rest of the controller works fine though, just not the right analog stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In their instructions, it's interesting that they actually show the CH Yoke USB as the example on how to install controllers.

I know I'm going to be real disappointed if I can't get my pedals and yoke to install. Especially after having read all the glowing comments about X-plane.

I'll lodge a request for help with LR and see what happens.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 188AHC said:

In their instructions, it's interesting that they actually show the CH Yoke USB as the example on how to install controllers.

I know I'm going to be real disappointed if I can't get my pedals and yoke to install. Especially after having read all the glowing comments about X-plane.

I'll lodge a request for help with LR and see what happens.

 

I am using CH Eclipse and also pedals, been working fine since first beta of XP-11.  I assume that you did NOT install the CH software for them?  I did not install the CH management software, I just let XP-11 handle it and set it all up under the Joystick settings in XP11.

Chuck

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of CH products,

I'm surprised they didn't include the CH Pro Throttle and CH Fighterstick in the pictured controller set.

[meaning: some controller are shown as a graphic and make mapping buttons and so on easier]

I thought these to be popular products. Not that I'm prejudiced or anything...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, w9nwrwi said:

I am using CH Eclipse and also pedals, been working fine since first beta of XP-11.  I assume that you did NOT install the CH software for them?  I did not install the CH management software, I just let XP-11 handle it and set it all up under the Joystick settings in XP11.

Chuck

 

Nope, Chuck. Did not use the CH control manager initially when I had the problem. But, then I read on the X-Plane site Q&A that someone got it to work by using the CH map. So, I tried that and still no joy. I have sent a request for help to LR. Hopefully they can steer me in the right direction because as of now I'm dead in the water.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Nope, Chuck. Did not use the CH control manager initially when I had the problem. But, then I read on the X-Plane site Q&A that someone got it to work by using the CH map. So, I tried that and still no joy. I have sent a request for help to LR. Hopefully they can steer me in the right direction because as of now I'm dead in the water.

 

Strange, have the same set up. No issues. Try deleting  the contents in  X Plane 11/Output/ Preferences. Just a stab in the dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Strange, have the same set up. No issues. Try deleting  the contents in  X Plane 11/Output/ Preferences. Just a stab in the dark.

I've done that several times. It just doesn't want to read my controllers as being CH. There is a CH config file in the directory, but it is not being used by X-Plane.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rick,

That CH config file, which directory is that in??

Do your pedals or the yoke show up in your x-plane LOG.TXT file?

Chuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:01 AM, w9nwrwi said:

Rick,

That CH config file, which directory is that in??

Do your pedals or the yoke show up in your x-plane LOG.TXT file?

Chuck

The joystick config files are located in the resources\joystick configs directory.  There is one there for the CH products, but for some reason my X-Plane is not reading it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

The joystick config files are located in the resources\joystick configs directory.  There is one there for the CH products, but for some reason my X-Plane is not reading it.

I see 15 entries that start with "CH" in my Resources/joystick configs. I assume CH ECLIPSE -win.joy and CH Pro Pedals are the ones to be used. I have two listed for pedals Windows.joy.

Are they available?

Do pedals or yoke show up in LOG.TXT?

Chuck

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the hardware section in my log.txt file.  No mention of CH which is strange.

0:00:25.292 D/HID: Hardware ADDED(068e, c0ff) - Control Manager ID #00 at path \\?\hid#vid_068e&pid_c0ff#3&2c94dce9&2&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
0:00:25.292 I/JOY: REGISTER Joystick device: Control Manager ID #00 - VID:1678PID:49407, this is a familiar device.
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  BUTTON Added Index: 0 (HID_Page_Button/01) for handle: 0000015B472685E0
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  BUTTON Added Index: 1 (HID_Page_Button/02) for handle: 0000015B472685E0
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  BUTTON Added Index: 2 (HID_Page_Button/03) for handle: 0000015B472685E0
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  BUTTON Added Index: 3 (HID_Page_Button/04) for handle: 0000015B472685E0
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  BUTTON Added Index: 4 (HID_Page_Button/05) for handle: 0000015B472685E0
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  BUTTON Added Index: 5 (HID_Page_Button/06) for handle: 0000015B472685E0
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  BUTTON Added Index: 6 (HID_Page_Button/07) for handle: 0000015B472685E0
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  BUTTON Added Index: 7 (HID_Page_Button/08) for handle: 0000015B472685E0
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  BUTTON Added Index: 8 (HID_Page_Button/09) for handle: 0000015B472685E0
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  BUTTON Added Index: 9 (HID_Page_Button/0a) for handle: 0000015B472685E0
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  BUTTON Added Index: 10 (HID_Page_Button/0b) for handle: 0000015B472685E0
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  BUTTON Added Index: 11 (HID_Page_Button/0c) for handle: 0000015B472685E0
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  AXIS Added Index: 0 (HID_Page_GenericDesktop/HID_Usage_GD_X) for handle: 0000015B472685E0. Min/Max 0 - 255
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  AXIS Added Index: 1 (HID_Page_GenericDesktop/HID_Usage_GD_Y) for handle: 0000015B472685E0. Min/Max 0 - 255
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  AXIS Added Index: 2 (HID_Page_GenericDesktop/HID_Usage_GD_Z) for handle: 0000015B472685E0. Min/Max 0 - 255
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  AXIS Added Index: 3 (HID_Page_GenericDesktop/HID_Usage_GD_Rz) for handle: 0000015B472685E0. Min/Max 0 - 255
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  AXIS Added Index: 4 (HID_Page_GenericDesktop/HID_Usage_GD_Ry) for handle: 0000015B472685E0. Min/Max 0 - 255
0:00:25.292 D/HID:  HATSWITCH Added Index: 0 (HID_Page_GenericDesktop/HID_Usage_GD_Hatswitch) for handle: 0000015B472685E0. It has 8 positions.
0:00:25.292 D/HID: END HARDWARE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange kettle of fish Rick,

Looks like its finding some device but obviously the wrong one.

When you go to Settings/joystick, does anything show in the window where the yoke picture should be?

Here is what I have. I did not include all the "button Added" stuff.

0:00:10.193 D/HID: Hardware ADDED(068e, 0057) - CH ECLIPSE YOKE at path \\?\hid#vid_068e&pid_0057#6&3624ace&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
0:00:10.193 I/JOY: REGISTER Joystick device: CH ECLIPSE YOKE - VID:1678PID:87, this is a familiar device.

The only other thing I can think of to do is go to the XPlane11 Installer.exe, run that and tell it to check for updates and hopefully its just a matter of missing files which it will replace.

After that I don't know what to say...............

EDIT: Are those 15 entries for CH available in your Resources/Joystick config file???

Chuck

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chuck  -  I've already gone through the update cycle a couple of times and it just goes through the terrain files.  As for it showing a picture of the controllers in the calibration window, there is nothing there except the controller 001 listed twice.

I think I'll just delete the entire mess and start over. I hate to do this though as it takes over an hour just to download North America.  I'll see what happens after that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I've given it that old college try. I deleted all of X-plane 11 and did a clean install. Still the same problem. And, this time I couldn't even fly the demo with the mouse.

Guess I'll request a refund from Laminar. I've simply lost patience with my inability to get it to run.  I hate this too as I like to keep up with all the new innovations in flight but this one is proving too much to deal with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Chuck. I've been flight simming since Sublogic and a Commodore 64. I've gone through all versions of MSFS, a couple of sims that didn't exist for more than a couple of years, earlier X-Plane, and most recently Microsoft Flight.

I started building my own computers in the early 80's so I'm not a newbie by any means. I know most of the tricks to get something to run but not this time.

I can't remember the last one that whipped me like this. My system is fairly robust so I know that's not the problem but obviously it and X-Plane don't like each other. No big loss though. I spoke to Laminar Research and we agreed to a refund. That's all I can ask for. There is a benefit to digital downloads to be sure. No disks to return and no real hassle.  All's well that ends well. :biggrin:

Thanks for your help even though we couldn't  get her up and running.

 

 

On 4/3/2017 at 10:41 AM, w9nwrwi said:

Strange kettle of fish Rick,

Looks like its finding some device but obviously the wrong one.

When you go to Settings/joystick, does anything show in the window where the yoke picture should be?

Here is what I have. I did not include all the "button Added" stuff.

0:00:10.193 D/HID: Hardware ADDED(068e, 0057) - CH ECLIPSE YOKE at path \\?\hid#vid_068e&pid_0057#6&3624ace&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
0:00:10.193 I/JOY: REGISTER Joystick device: CH ECLIPSE YOKE - VID:1678PID:87, this is a familiar device.

The only other thing I can think of to do is go to the XPlane11 Installer.exe, run that and tell it to check for updates and hopefully its just a matter of missing files which it will replace.

After that I don't know what to say...............

EDIT: Are those 15 entries for CH available in your Resources/Joystick config file???

Chuck

 

The Eclipse Yoke image doesn't appear in my configuration window in Linux.  I filed a bug report.

 

On 4/3/2017 at 2:48 PM, 188AHC said:

Well, I've given it that old college try. I deleted all of X-plane 11 and did a clean install. Still the same problem. And, this time I couldn't even fly the demo with the mouse.

Guess I'll request a refund from Laminar. I've simply lost patience with my inability to get it to run.  I hate this too as I like to keep up with all the new innovations in flight but this one is proving too much to deal with.

If you can't even fly with the mouse then I'm guessing it's a problem with your system.

 

On 4/3/2017 at 7:09 PM, Mountain Man said:

The Eclipse Yoke image doesn't appear in my configuration window in Linux.  I filed a bug report.

For Linux, this is not a bug. Those config files are user submitted. 

So if you have the Eclipse Yoke, you can use the Windows or Mac config file as base, and try to make it work for linux, it is not that complicated. Then when all is to your liking, send the new file to Laminar. I submitted 2 or 3 files myself, and they are now in the sim :-) . 

 

 

On 4/4/2017 at 3:00 AM, jh71 said:

For Linux, this is not a bug. Those config files are user submitted. 

So if you have the Eclipse Yoke, you can use the Windows or Mac config file as base, and try to make it work for linux, it is not that complicated. Then when all is to your liking, send the new file to Laminar. I submitted 2 or 3 files myself, and they are now in the sim :-) .

I don't understand what you're saying.  I was able to configure the Eclipse Yoke just fine in Linux, and it works perfectly.  I just don't get the fancy image in the configuration window. 

 

In Resources/joystick config/ you will find several configuration files for Windows, Mac and Linux. The ones with ".joy" extension.

You can adapt the one for Windows or Mac (make a copy) to match the Linux. For the Eclipse Yoke, I see only the Mac and Windows config files.

There is a small linux utility jstest-gtk that can help you to find the name of your joystick in linux, and see what buttons correspond. But do not make changes in that utility, because it has the power to change button  numbers. You want the default values.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this