Sign in to follow this  
GCBraun

X-Plane Artifacts on the Horizon

Anything I can do to solve this artifacts on the horizon? It drives me crazy...

I am using default sky textures and default weather/clouds.

5gfs9yjm.jpg

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 minute ago, tgcbraun said:

I've seen that off and on, not sure what causes it. File a bug report at the link below, and attach that image:

http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

3 minutes ago, tgcbraun said:

5gfs9yjm.jpg

Not much I'm afraid, without knowing the specifics of what add-ons you have installed. I came across this issue on the leftcoast of the US, just north of the LA basin.  I had the AIPilot's HD Mesh running out that way, as well as W2XP and various other add-ons.  There appears to be a conflict of mesh elevation, but I can't confirm without knowing more.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

3 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Not much I'm afraid, without knowing the specifics of what add-ons you have installed. I came across this issue on the leftcoast of the US, just north of the LA basin.  I had the AIPilot's HD Mesh running out that way, as well as W2XP and various other add-ons.  There appears to be a conflict of mesh elevation, but I can't confirm without knowing more.

Pretty much everything is default. Just the plane is addon, but does not matter which plane I use. It happens all the time. I am using Flyinside/VR, though, but I´ve tested it and it happen also without VR. My settings are HDR, Low Textures and FXAA.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

2 minutes ago, tgcbraun said:

Pretty much everything is default. Just the plane is addon, but does not matter which plane I use. It happens all the time. I am using Flyinside/VR, though, but I´ve tested it and it happen also without VR.

How about some coordinates of the affected area?  Go to your top menu bar, select the "sliders" icon, and then click on the NETWORK tab, find the Lat Long Alt feature (Index #20) then check "Show In Cockpit".

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

13 minutes ago, Jimm said:

How about some coordinates of the affected area?  Go to your top menu bar, select the "sliders" icon, and then click on the NETWORK tab, find the Lat Long Alt feature (Index #20) then check "Show In Cockpit".

It s really something that happens everywhere. It seems to be worse when there are mountains around, for example, when taking off of LIME airport and heading north, to the Swiss Alps. 

50 minutes ago, tgcbraun said:

It s really something that happens everywhere. It seems to be worse when there are mountains around, for example, when taking off of LIME airport and heading north, to the Swiss Alps. 

Are you now running the full RTM of XP11?  If so, have you tried to re-run the installers to makes sure you have the core up to date, and then have you tried running the scenery installer?

EDIT:  I saw an entry at the org with someone reporting terrain issues around LIRF an LIBP, but it was found that installing the full version OVER the demo caused the issue, so perhaps you are in a simlar situation?

5 hours ago, tgcbraun said:

I figured out what the problem is.  It's not the mesh or terrain or orthophotos or anything scenery related...it's the fog/haze layer.  I just did a test, utilizing an advanced XP11 Settings Lua script (another matter), and I was parked at Jackson Hole, WY.  I chose this location due to elevation, and surrounding mountains and trees.  The weather was calm, with some scattered clouds and of course, haze.  I believe at some point, during the Beta phase, the team did something with this haze/fog layer, and I believe it is tied to the way their rendering clouds, but in short, it is this layer that is causing the illusion of missing mesh, because I can go to camera mode and move my sightline up in altitude and see that layer change shape due to this increase.

I am going to file this as a bug in the weather feature and hopefully it'll gain some attention.  LR may still be working on the weather rendering, and if so, this will be important for them to know.

3 minutes ago, Jimm said:

"advanced XP11 Settings Lua script (another matter)"

I just saw this elsewhere, a new file on the Org that was just put up 3 hours ago but gives some good (reviews) control over some graphics settings in XP.

1 minute ago, Gavenger said:

I just saw this elsewhere, a new file on the Org that was just put up 3 hours ago but gives some good (reviews) control over some graphics settings in XP.

It does, and it appears to work pretty well.  I'm not sure if I am keeping it or not, but you can check and uncheck features and make fine adjustments of other features, such as LOD.  Make sure you follow the instructions carefully on what to download and where to place files.

17 hours ago, Jimm said:

I figured out what the problem is.  It's not the mesh or terrain or orthophotos or anything scenery related...it's the fog/haze layer.  I just did a test, utilizing an advanced XP11 Settings Lua script (another matter), and I was parked at Jackson Hole, WY.  I chose this location due to elevation, and surrounding mountains and trees.  The weather was calm, with some scattered clouds and of course, haze.  I believe at some point, during the Beta phase, the team did something with this haze/fog layer, and I believe it is tied to the way their rendering clouds, but in short, it is this layer that is causing the illusion of missing mesh, because I can go to camera mode and move my sightline up in altitude and see that layer change shape due to this increase.

I am going to file this as a bug in the weather feature and hopefully it'll gain some attention.  LR may still be working on the weather rendering, and if so, this will be important for them to know.

Yes. I was sure that it was something weather/fog/haze related! Thank you very much for your help! Hope this gets solved soon. Really enjoying the simulator!