Sign in to follow this  
wb5okj

X-Plane using Win 10 Creators edition?

Anyone else using the Creators Edition? I downloaded it last night it seems to have given me an 8 to 10 fps increase. One caution, I downloaded the new NVidia driver that is optimized for Creators and X-Plane would not run, had to roll back in order to run X-Plane. I have seen several other people that used the new driver without incident. Some people haven't seen any gain with Creators some have. They seem to be system specific. 

Downloading it now...dog help me.

I'll report back.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I´m using it + new Nvidia driver. Everything works. No problems so far. X-plane 10 + 11 are running smooth.

I tried it...and lived to tell.

X-Plane 11 works and there may be a slight performance increase, but that will require more flying to know. If any increase it is less than 10%.

An interesting consequence of the update relates to my peripherals and P3D.

I'm going to bed and will know more tomorrow but the update changed the raw values reported to FSUIPC. To wit, I had to adjust my throttles (and other controllers) in the Axis Calibration tab.  Very confusing until I discovered this.

I guess I have new drivers for my CH products now. This is fine (I hope). 

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

What is this "Creators" edition ????

Never heard about it ( ? ) will check...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

What is this "Creators" edition ????

Never heard about it ( ? ) will check...

Its the newest update to Windows 10. Been in the works for sometime now. Most everyone is excited about the new game mode that is in it. It seems in game mode Windows will shut down all the things that are not pertinent to the game you ae playing. Not sure if that statement is 100% correct but I have heard it explained as such in other places. 

For me, it made a significant difference on the order of 25 to 33% difference. Other people have not seen that gain. It may be the people that don't see the gain already have there OS peaked out, don't know just a thought. On my system the new NVidia drivers for my GTX 1080 killed X-Plane, would not load or run at all. Others have seen the drivers work, but most people report a significant drop in fps with the new optimized for game mode drivers. Go figure. LOL 

With my I7-6850k chip and GTX 1080 I was getting mostly mid 20 to low 30fps at LAX with Mr6X scenery, with the new game mode I get a solid 40 fps on runway 24, no matter wich way I look. in the air it varies from high 30 to low to mid 40s. Ins the areas I usually fly, (KPWA), I get mid 50 to low 60 fps with the same settings. I use maximum AA because I cannot stand the shimmering I get with low AA. 

• Upvote 1

FYI regarding Game Mode: It's not officially supported by Laminar (yet), so it's try at your own risk. Here's what Ben said about it in a recent dev blog thread:

No. We have not looked at integration with Win10 game mode at all, and I make no promises as to what happens when you bring up the game bar.

X-Plane is _not_ a game! It is a highly advanced numeric physics simulator!

Heh. :biggrin: 

Not sure it's something I could use for X-Plane if it shuts down everything else. I need Plan-G flight planner/moving map running in the background, and I'm usually tabbed over to web browsing or email during the cruise phase of a flight. Might be useful for games though. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

multi crew experience doesn't work correctly with creators update for me along with, orbx, gta 5,diskepper, all not launching, they crash right after you click on it, i can't roll back because i did a clean install, if you google the creators update, it's loaded with problems, i wouldn't update if you can hold off, the creators update rolls out april 11th to everyone, but if you are on window 10 pro you can defer the update for 4 months. i just happen to be on the home edition on my pc and can't do that.

Just upgraded - wasn't even aware of it...

ELITE v8.6 and v9 run OK, and IL-2 too :-)  - Erased the backup to save space in my tiny SSD.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Game Mode nearly halved my FPS and caused major stutters. Had to turn it off.

i just bought a windows 10 pro key so i can install and defer the windows 10 creators update. i realize x-plane doesn't seem to be effected, but anyone using alot of other sims and games should defer and wait at least a couple months or your gonna run into a mess, i have installed my pc 2 times now and getting ready to do a third with the current windows 10 version before creators on april 11th.

I'm running Windows 10 Creators, version 1703, build 15063.14.
I updated my computer 4 days ago, no problems, no files lost, everything works.
In X-Plane 11 pure, without any third-party change, using game mode I noticed improvement in performance, something around 15%.
In FSX-SE, with few additives, ASN, REX 4 texture, REX Airports, RAAS, which runs with relative ease on my computer I noticed small gains in FPS, but there is a lot of smoothness.
I do not use P3D, my computer is weak, FX8350 4 ghz, 24GB RAM, Radeon R9-280 3GB, video in 1920x1080
For me Windows Creators brought good results.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

As this has become a defacto Creators Edition thread...

I just used FSX:SE with Game Mode enabled. There is no doubt that I realized a major increase in FSP while flying the A2A Cub. One plane and one experiment, so take it for what it's worth.

I've never seen 130 FPS before on my system. This is pretty cool, I think. Usually run around 60 FPS.

I'm using the hardware you see below along with Orbx and AS16 + ASCA. The video driver is the one installed with the update (378.49).

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

What is the link for the download? MS page says 11 Apr release.

Thanks.

Found it am downloading now from the windows Update page - took a while for it to show up.

Edited by jcjimmy
I found the answer.

Jim Morgan

1 hour ago, jcjimmy said:

What is the link for the download? MS page says 11 Apr release.

Thanks.

Found it am downloading now from the windows Update page - took a while for it to show up.

Ik don't understand, this thread is like a big flashing warning tot stay away, still you actively search for it before   it is officially released?