Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Purchase time?

So after ver 1.1 is it ready for a purchase? I really want this as my DA version (which was an excellent sim)  is now outdated.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Even after the update, there are still a lot of bugs being reported. Some were just reversed (but still wrong) with the update. I'm going to hold off for sure.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - if anyone wants it - I've done a bunch of work on the DA version for P3D - added a fully functional F1 GTN650 in place of the Trimble - fixed the black spinners that present in P3D - fixed the saucer like recognition lights in P3D by adding Shockwave Lights... She still flies like a dream...

Prepar3D%202016-05-06%2021-51-01_zps0hdq

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I think it is worth it. The flight model seems top notch, the textures are excellent, it has GTN750 integration, and easily readable analog gauges. If you like to start from cold and dark, the rpm gauges don't come up as they should, but the engine(s) will still start after moving the condition lever to "run". Some are having FPS issues, but my system (I7, clocked to 4.5, and GTX 660 TI) easily holds 30 fps in FSX.

Dale

Dale

5 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yeah - if anyone wants it - I've done a bunch of work on the DA version for P3D - added a fully functional F1 GTN650 in place of the Trimble - fixed the black spinners that present in P3D - fixed the saucer like recognition lights in P3D by adding Shockwave Lights... She still flies like a dream...

Prepar3D%202016-05-06%2021-51-01_zps0hdq

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott, I would love to try it out. How can I get it?

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Hi Folks,

Nice to see folks like the plane as much as I do... I've had more requests than I honestly expected - I need to clean up my work/files and I'll make a formal upload to make it more manageable... I should have something by next weekend... I'll let you know...

I've also retagged some of the included paints I like with US Registrations - I'll include them...

I've been planning on swapping out the radar for the new REX/MilViz version as well - I'll see if I can add that to the pack...

To be clear though - you need to own the F1 GTN650 as it fits best in the Trimble slot... Or you can just use my files as an example and modify to your heart's content... I'll make a detailed readme of what I changed... While a hardcore DA Cheyenne fan - that Trimble was just a royal PITA - even with the latest updates (1.4 ?) on the Cheyenne I still had crashes until I removed the Trimble completely...

I'll post the pack in the lib here and message the folks that responded when I have it uploaded...

Regards,
Scott

25 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Nice to see folks like the plane as much as I do... I've had more requests than I honestly expected - I need to clean up my work/files and I'll make a formal upload to make it more manageable... I should have something by next weekend... I'll let you know...

I've also retagged some of the included paints I like with US Registrations - I'll include them...

Hi Scott,

Looking forward to seeing your U.S. registered paints. The DA is sorely lacking in those. Hope they will work in FSX?

By the way I noticed your comment of thinking about going ahead with purchase of the Carenado model. Have you tried it yet? Any thoughts? Of course, particularly interesting to me is the VC model performance (fps, stutters, etc.) It just won't get along with my "old" GTX 770 with that 128mb mdl file maxing it out, raising temps, dropping frames,.and even causing freezes. Don't really understand the reason for that huge file.

Anyway, for now I'm still enjoying the DA model and even have made peace with the Trimble. About half of my flights it is simply turned off and the others I load a FSX pln file.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Hi Scott,

I am also looking forward to your DA Cheyenne files. I have done a GTN 750/650 mod but it is not perfect. i could not get ride of the residual 3d knobs on the 750.

Cheyenne750650final.jpg

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Hi Jesse,

Yeah - I know why too - the paint kit for the DA Cheyenne is abysmal - hence my resort to tagging existing paints... I haven't had the time to buy/try the Carenado yet - Bill kindly shared his FDE work - so I'll probably buy it when I have some time to mess with it...

Hi Greg,

Yeah - that's why I stuck with the GTN650 - you can blank the knobs where that fits... I believe you can also blank the knobs on the radar as well - and judging from it's size - it looks like a good fit for the F1 GNS530 is you have that and don't mind losing the radar slot - then just need a blank panel to kill the Trimble...

Regards,
Scott

I own the Cheyenne for Fs9, and I'm pretty sure there is a config short cut that will remove the 3D knobs for you. You might do a google search for it, but I'm almost positive you could do that before.

rightseat,

Thanks for the thought. That is how we got ride of the knobs for the 650 but I have found nothing for the 750 as it is using the space for two comm and two nav radios with knobs. 

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Back to the Carenado version..

Now that I have flown it a few days, I actually quite like it.

I have disabled the Avidyne, since it gobbles up performance and does not add anything if you have the GTN750 in the panel.

This is a fast plane with good handling, and a "classic" steam gauge cockpit... not a bad alternative to the RealAir Turbine Duke... actually faster at lower altitudes, since the redline is 250 kts vs the Duke at 210.

The trim wheel and altitude preselector need fixing, but if you can look past that, it is a nice plane to have in your hangar! 

• Upvote 1

Bert

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Back to the Carenado version..

Now that I have flown it a few days, I actually quite like it.

I have disabled the Avidyne, since it gobbles up performance and does not add anything if you have the GTN750 in the panel.

This is a fast plane with good handling, and a "classic" steam gauge cockpit... not a bad alternative to the RealAir Turbine Duke... actually faster at lower altitudes, since the redline is 250 kts vs the Duke at 210.

The trim wheel and altitude preselector need fixing, but if you can look past that, it is a nice plane to have in your hangar! 

If Royal Turbine could somehow get the airframe past that 200 KIAS limit, the Turbine Duke would officially be a rocket ship.  I wonder if they have approached Raisbeck Engineering about some mod that would extend the Vmo..........

On 4/9/2017 at 7:39 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Jesse,

Yeah - I know why too - the paint kit for the DA Cheyenne is abysmal - hence my resort to tagging existing paints... I haven't had the time to buy/try the Carenado yet - Bill kindly shared his FDE work - so I'll probably buy it when I have some time to mess with it...

Hi Greg,

Yeah - that's why I stuck with the GTN650 - you can blank the knobs where that fits... I believe you can also blank the knobs on the radar as well - and judging from it's size - it looks like a good fit for the F1 GNS530 is you have that and don't mind losing the radar slot - then just need a blank panel to kill the Trimble...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott,

Were you able to upload the file ever?

Shez

Shez Ansari