Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Short Final's (Mr. X6's new graphic studio) KSLC

OMG!  I am blown away...the best total airport package, ever!  I have just started my exploratory taxi-around...and in the first few moments, I had to keep stopping and looking at all the animation, OMG...passenger trams coming from the parking lot.  Cars entering the property, airport support vehicles, employees running those services, and the MOUNTAINS....WOW....just in the distance.  I am going to continue my at-taxi (taking my time) even before the first rotate off of the property. There is SO MUCH to see and appreciate.  Unless you have a 1070 or better GC, with at least 8 GB's of RAM...well...I dunno....you might want to upgrade.  This property at full Visual Effects and World Objects, is well KILLER!  I can't wait to rotate and see the city and to a scope of the mountains...but I have time...and at Short Final's KLSC, time is your friend...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a first few after moving out from the gate...

At present, with XP11 full out in all graphic sliders, including the kitchen sink...I have 10 GB's of graphic RAM loaded.  Of course you can trim this down with fall-back settings...but unless you have at least an 8 GB Graphics Card...you might want to upgrade, and the sooner, the better folks.  It is worth it....oh yeah...truly...oh yeah....if you could only see what's happening around me, and I haven't even lifted off yet!

...check out how many people are parked at KSLC....lots of passengers flying this morning...and they are still parking! :))))))

Cirrus_SF50_33.png

Cirrus_SF50_34.png

Cirrus_SF50_35.png

Cirrus_SF50_36.png

Cirrus_SF50_37.png

Cirrus_SF50_38.png

Cirrus_SF50_39.png

Cirrus_SF50_40.png

Cirrus_SF50_41.png

Cirrus_SF50_53.png

Cirrus_SF50_54.png

Cirrus_SF50_55.png

Cirrus_SF50_56.png

Cirrus_SF50_57.png

Cirrus_SF50_59.png

Wow, over 40 views at present, and not one comment...er...ok. :)

Here's my last pic, as I leave KLSC at after dawn breaking...enjoy.

Cirrus_SF50_60.png

Just thought to add an approach in severe fog and rain, to KSLC

Cheers, over 'n out.

Cirrus_SF50_61.png

Cirrus_SF50_62.png

Cirrus_SF50_63.png

Cirrus_SF50_64.png

• Upvote 3

MisterX6 has given so much to the community, I'll definitely buy this. Looks fantastic.

• Upvote 1

KSLC is next on my list to purchase!  Great set of shots.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Sorry folks for my title typo..KLSC, rather than KSLC.  Perhaps an AVSIM admin can correct that mistake.  That would be appreciated.

That does indeed look mightily impressive! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Sorry folks for my title typo..KLSC, rather than KSLC.  Perhaps an AVSIM admin can correct that mistake.  That would be appreciated.

That's what you get for trying to sound cool and using acronyms us noobs don't know instead of putting the city name... :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I had the enjoyment of flying out of KSLC this morning and it was fun...yes, I said fun.  It has been a rarity for me to say that word in flight simulation until now.  Justin (MisterX6) has done another wonderful job with KSLC and he still lives up to his reputation for providing payware quality airports, and while this IS payware, he is well deserved to have my money!

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

27 minutes ago, Jimm said:

I had the enjoyment of flying out of KSLC this morning and it was fun...yes, I said fun.  It has been a rarity for me to say that word in flight simulation until now.  Justin (MisterX6) has done another wonderful job with KSLC and he still lives up to his reputation for providing payware quality airports, and while this IS payware, he is well deserved to have my money!

Yeppers...btw, did you catch the cars entering the airport parking lot? :))))

Check out General Aviation sites upon the property as well...also a U.S. Air-force military presence.

57 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

That's what you get for trying to sound cool and using acronyms us noobs don't know instead of putting the city name... :biggrin:

"Oh..if I had said Salt Lake City International....the hard boil types would have squinted their eyes...and said; "Where's THAT???"....  Doesn't he mean KSLC?!?   :cool:

17 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Yeppers...btw, did you catch the cars entering the airport parking lot? :))))

Check out General Aviation sites upon the property as well...also a U.S. Air-force military presence.

I think it's quite obvious that Justin has taken a great deal of time and effort to make this airport, as well as his others, as authentic and realistic as possible.  I personally like the tram, going back and forth from the station, but yes, I saw the ANG station as well as the other "life" within the airport. :biggrin:

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

This is a very exciting time for XPlane scenery. For a long time, a lack of good, flytampa/flightbeam/fsdt-level payware sceneries seemed to have put a lot of people off XP, regardless of how much better the freeware is compared to MSFS. Thankfully, this airport and others is beginning to show people what XP is capable of: airports that are not only as good as the best available for MSFS, but better by a large margin. I bought SLC and now I can't stop flying there- thankfully we have a good selection of payware planes that frequent the real SLC (CRJ-200, 757, 767, A320, A330, MD-80) to recreate operations there. I can't remember ever being happier with a sim! Lining up with the runway in early evening, facing the terminal with Orthophoto mountains in the distance, you really get chills because of how realistic it all looks. 

LFhp9Vm.png

Now, as good as SLC is, I personally can't wait for DFW, which has been sent to the publisher and should be released very soon! Two breathtakingly detailed airports in the US West to shuttle back-and-forth between, a flight that takes you over some of the most beautiful terrain in the world- what more could you ask for!

32459863252_270ceaaa98_o.jpg

Looks absolutely cracking.

Any word on fps with, say, IXEG 737 or CRJ-200? I notice the pics up top have the framerate display showing in the fog shrouded images, but none showing with clear weather.

Just a random thought that I might as well verbalize... seeing all those various taxi/vehicle lines in some of the top pics just gives me a shiver. I'm currently working on a gateway version of EGGK per the official LR request that went out a bit ago, but ALL THOSE LINES... they are getting to me to the point where I'm starting to see them in my sleep. :blink:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.