Sign in to follow this  
gpf3m

Photo scenery

I have recently been playing with X-Plane 11 and stumbled upon the program Ortho4XP that generates photo scenery.  In short, I am extremely impressed.  The images are superb and unlike anything I have seen in Prepar3d.  It would be a great advanced for Prepar3d if a similar program was available.  It makes VFR flying very realistic.

I have been doing a great deal of VFR helicopter flying In P3D with  the Orbx FTX regions on the west coast between Alaska and Mexico, and it looks very realistic, and much Like I have seen in real life. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I use photoscenery only + custom AG. Very realistic as the ground you look at exists in reality too ..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Orth4XP is a great XP all in one tool for photo scenery.  It needs a way though to help preview tiles across providers in advance to avoid tone issues from tiles not taken in the same season.  Do that automatically and that would be pure heaven.

For P3D, creating your own can be done with SbuilderX, Resample & Annotator from the SDK.   There's no automation however, it's a rather manual and time consuming process but on the plus side you get to see your tiles in advance which can help with picking the best available and consistency in tone/season. 

There are freeware photo sceneries already made available to download for P3D, Hawaii, Spain, Western US, Japan and I'm sure many more.  I've been exploring Spain photo real recently along with Airhispania which I definitely recommend. 

http://www.blueskyscenery.com/screenies.html

https://hawaii-photoreal.com/

http://deckard.uv.es/

http://www.airhispania.com/moddoc01.php?tCod=20121101120945

• Upvote 1

and FSET (FS Earth Tiles) which can do water/blendmasking and seasonal photoreal...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Yes amazing what can be done.

Robin Corn of Godzone Vittual flight has it nailed.

This is his work from his latest project - Coromandel, New Zealand (The compressed images do not do it justice...it is superb)

Coro%201_zpspleegz8m.jpg

Coro%202_zpshkwkbsjh.jpg

Coro%203_zpsj9ztqglr.jpg

• Upvote 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

16 hours ago, GSalden said:

I use photoscenery only + custom AG. Very realistic as the ground you look at exists in reality too ..

Just a bit off-topic, but can you inform me where your photorealistic for Belgium still can be obtained?

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

If you are interested, here you can get the whole of Europe in photoscenery for free:

http://italyphotoreal.weebly.com/download.html

It takes quite a bit of time to download the individual tiles and install them onto your HDD. Except for Italy (which is 1m/pixel) it is 2m/pixel. I have downloaded all of Germany and all of the Alps and it is pretty good. It also comes with its own autogen. 

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

32 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

If you are interested, here you can get the whole of Europe in photoscenery for free:

It takes quite a bit of time to download the individual tiles and install them onto your HDD. Except for Italy (which is 1m/pixel) it is 2m/pixel. I have downloaded all of Germany and all of the Alps and it is pretty good. It also comes with its own autogen. 

Thanks a lot Bernd, will take a peek later today. Thanks.

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Yes Bernd, thx for the link.  All of Europe... that's just nuts!  But nice.  I have always believed the direction for the future of simming is photoreal.   We hope to find out this year.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

On ‎8‎-‎4‎-‎2017 at 11:48 PM, cowpatz said:

Yes amazing what can be done.

Robin Corn of Godzone Vittual flight has it nailed.

This is his work from his latest project - Coromandel, New Zealand (The compressed images do not do it justice...it is superb)

Coro%201_zpspleegz8m.jpg

Coro%202_zpshkwkbsjh.jpg

Coro%203_zpsj9ztqglr.jpg

Very nice screenshots you have made.

Your water looks very realistic. Do you mind sharing your settings ? 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

These are screenshots from the developer (Robin Corn) which he posted on a local New Zealand flight simming forum.

Cheers

Steve Hall

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:04 AM, GSalden said:

Your water looks very realistic. Do you mind sharing your settings ?

This is Prepar3d with PTA, but there isn't much special about my settings, except that it is tweaked to bring out the underlying photo in the water. The particular setting in PTA is the Water 'limpidity', which I've set to .70 (default is .35) The effectiveness of this is going to be based on the actual photoscenery -- whether or not it includes plenty of photo water, and whether this has actual photographic detail. In this scenery (unfinished) the available photo doesn't include much surrounding water, but enough to show up the shallow bays and rocky coastline.

On 08/04/2017 at 6:09 PM, AoA said:

There are freeware photo sceneries already made available to download for P3D, Hawaii, Spain, Western US, Japan and I'm sure many more.  I've been exploring Spain photo real recently along with Airhispania which I definitely recommend. 

Can you please share links where i can find Japan photo scenery please?

I can't seem to find any...

On 4/9/2017 at 2:26 AM, bernd1151 said:

Not sure about downloading this freeware scenery, the server is Russian.