Sign in to follow this  
Guest surveyflyer

B200 news or advertisement?

Guest surveyflyer

Hello-I'm wondering if the note on the front page is news or an advertisement. It reads like an advertisement to me. I thought Avsim usually has a disclaimer when they publish advertisements on the front page? I really hope Avsim is not going to blend news and advertisements together like some other sites.Mike

Well it certainly is not news! The Aeroworx B200 has been out for ages. Version 2.01 was released back in July 2005.

Graeme Butler

>Aeroworx and Flight1 have colaborated to re-release the B200.>The colaboration between the two developers is what classifies>this as news. >http://www.avsim.com/pages/0100/avsim_sig.jpgSeems to me more a case of avsim trying to fill its "news" with "olds," since the King Air has been available via the Flight 1 Wrapper for quite some time. Or is there a new version coming out?ricardo

>>Aeroworx and Flight1 have colaborated to re-release the>B200.>>The colaboration between the two developers is what>classifies>>this as news. >>http://www.avsim.com/pages/0100/avsim_sig.jpg>>Seems to me more a case of avsim trying to fill its "news">with "olds," since the King Air has been available via the>Flight 1 Wrapper for quite some time. Or is there a new>version coming out?>>ricardoMuch of the news on the front page comes from vendor press releases. Flight1, a very respected and trusted distributor, is likely given the benefit of the doubt by the editorial staff.J-

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Whatever the reason it's really confusing. It took me a while to finally realize that there wasn't a new version being released. To me, everything in this article reads like advertising hype rather than Aerorowx/F1 news. A poor job in my opinion.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest surveyflyer

I agree. Avsim really surprises me with this. What again is the "news"? We already know that F1 publishes the Aerorowx B200. We already know about version 2. I'm stumped. The best part is the way it's worded. Come on guys, it's 100% advertising without the disclaimer.Any reputable news outlook is very careful to identify advertising within their publications.What is a re-release anyway? It's the same product, right? So...to get free product attention via industry news, all you have to do is "re-release" the same product. Great.Mike

Well it sure is not "new" at all...the B200 has been on F1's site for months.But hey I can tell you...the B200 is a great plane. So although it's not news it's the truth. :) I am ok with this "advertisement"...I'd want aeroworx to get more money to fund their next project. :)Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest JIMJAM

Yeah its not news but more of a " Made you look" kinda trick. But who cares? I wish flight 1 all the best but really didnt need to be tricked into visiting their site. I already do that enough on my own! Just ask my credit card company!!!

"The best part is the way it's worded. Come on guys, it's 100% advertising without the disclaimer."I don't have anything to do with the Avsim front page, but I have sent in press releases when I updated some of my programs. Usually they are printed exactly as I had written. I wouldn't be surprised if a press release from a vendor sounded like advertising. Log into autos.msn.com Then, look at the blurbs on the new models being introduced for 2007 at the currently running Detroit Auto Show. Now jump to the auto mfrs sites to look at what the mfrs are saying. The verbiage matches almost word for word to what's getting published at MSN. That's what press releases are.-John

Guest surveyflyer

I feel it was a trick also. I'm disappointed with both F1 and Avsim. All they have to do is be honest and note that it's an advertisement like sometimes do.F1 publishes great titles, so they don't need to lure me into visiting their site. Avsim is my homepage because over 7 years they proven themselves as a reputable news site.I hope that they realize that most people see a problem here....

Guest Aidi

You might know that Flight1 is a vendor for the aircraft, but I was unaware. I only knew that Aeroworx distributed it. So, on that alone, its worthy of posting on the frontpage.If you look back through the archives, you will see on numerous occasions where we have reported that what was originally a download, has since been taken on by a publisher, boxed and sold on shop floors. In my opinion, this is very much along the same lines.Rather than complain, and if you have some time on your hands, and want to help contribute, drop me an email, as i have a vacancy for a frontpage news editor. http://www.avsim.com/pages/0100/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest surveyflyer

Aidan-I'm not sure you can call my posts complaining, but rather voicing a concern. Avsim is very dear to me because it has been there from before my aviation career. To me, Avsim was part of my daily activities for the past 7 years. We all have seen other sites become popular and peruse placement in the simulation community in different ways. Avsim has always been a consistent operation providing a knowledgeable staff and open environment to discusses many topics. It simply concerned me to see what I thought was a blend between news and advertisements. As you know, there are some that do that.I realize that there is a very thin line separating the two, and yes, it's hard to define either. However, I think the old saying "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it." applies here.Mike