Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Anyone managed to get this kind of water in P3D?

1 hour ago, tremor595 said:

...some more

Way too dark on my screen....

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

2 hours ago, gboz said:

Way too dark on my screen....

gb.

Do you mean the whole scene or just the water?

I have to say i have my nvidia gamma at 1.40 to get a nice sense of light and adjusted my PTA accordingly.

I was expecting different results on other people's machines, but maybe more in terms of " looks to bright...".

But yes, I turned some settings heavily because the default scene is often here too dark, there too bright or completely oversaturated, or surfaces look like plastic or melted metal.

But as always, a completely personal taste. So results will be different.

1 hour ago, tremor595 said:

Do you mean the whole scene or just the water?

The water and the terrain shadows.
Like in your first screen shot above on this page the mountain ravine shadows are completely black on my screen.
On all the shots the water is mostly an inky dark blue.
Using an nvidia gamma 1.40 will disguise what the sim is actually outputting and
will not be apparent in screen shots viewed on another computer unless it is using a similar gamma.
They will definitely be darker for anyone using a gamma of less than your 1.4.
Try setting NVCP color back to Application controlled to see what your screen shots look like to me.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks for sharing tremor595, looks really nice to me!

Can you share what settings and add-ons you're using to achieve this water?

Richard Åsberg

7 hours ago, gboz said:

The water and the terrain shadows.
Like in your first screen shot above on this page the mountain ravine shadows are completely black on my screen.
On all the shots the water is mostly an inky dark blue.
Using an nvidia gamma 1.40 will disguise what the sim is actually outputting and
will not be apparent in screen shots viewed on another computer unless it is using a similar gamma.
They will definitely be darker for anyone using a gamma of less than your 1.4.
Try setting NVCP color back to Application controlled to see what your screen shots look like to me.

gb.

Yes, you're right. Now on my tiny windowsphone i also see the screens much to dark...

But i really can't live without my gamma slider. If someone knows how to achieve the same effect with the PTA build in gamma options i would be happy to know and go back to app controlled in NVCP.

5 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Thanks for sharing tremor595, looks really nice to me!

Can you share what settings and add-ons you're using to achieve this water?

Yes, i will share all my settings. But i'm not on my PC atm. And the above screens are not all taken with the same settings as i'm still searching for the perfect setup (which i will never find for sure...)

But i think i found a base setup which i like more than anything else what i saw before in P3D in terms of water. Personally, of course.

But in some regions or under some viewing angles or different altitutes it works more, in some less. Most of the time LOW water looks much more detailed, but sometimes ULTRA looks great. My aim is to find a good GA flying water look.

10 minutes ago, tremor595 said:

Yes, i will share all my settings. But i'm not on my PC atm.

No rush but please share when you have the time and chance.

Richard Åsberg

On ‎10‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 4:04 PM, WebMaximus said:

No rush but please share when you have the time and chance.

Sorry for the delay.

Had another good tweaking night (really no chance to do this in the daytime because of wife and little son...) .

The results are getting better and better. Found a workaround to get the reflective area on the water much bigger so it's not only happening under the aircraft or visible only in outside view. Now very nice views from inside the VC.

The reflections are very fine adjustable through PTA + the waterconstantsv3.xml i can tell you.

I wonder why nearly nobody showed comparable results so far to what i got.

Everything on landside got tweaked untill death but on the water...??

Will show more screens later. On easter no tweaking because visiting the parents... Settings hopefully next week...

Some newer screens. Still to be improved, when time allows it...

Things i still want to optimize are changing the five different ocean layers to get more variation. Already tried it with different results. Took layers from different wave sets from REX TD so far and mixed them. Maybe will have to create some myself.

Also changing the scalar and wave speed settings drastically in the waterconstantsv3.xml give some surprising results.

Definitely saw braking waves like in the the video in #1 already.

But it's not easy to get a setup perfect for every altitude or type of flying.

(I copied the screens on a stick and now at my parents little laptop i edited them back a litlle, just because i heavily use NV gamma on my PC. I hope the screens are not too dark anymore and most viewers get similar results now. Please just focus on the water...)

tLzeIAg.jpg

szR6OXp.jpg

aL4Li9I.jpg

fRjFzPv.jpg

3LBSc41.jpg

RAtvnxn.jpg

6pGy6A6.jpg

Nr 4 and 6 from the top look really nice!

Personally I restored all default water textures and after deleting the shader cache and keeping the water in P3D at Ultra I actually think the water looks quite good too.

This is without any shader mods or any other tweaks.

Richard Åsberg

Just to add, a video would be the much better choice here. A screenshot doesn't produce the millions of glimmering white caps which look so nice in sim for example.

8 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Nr 4 and 6 from the top look really nice!

Personally I restored all default water textures and after deleting the shader cache and keeping the water in P3D at Ultra I actually think the water looks quite good too.

This is without any shader mods or any other tweaks.

So far i got the best results with most details on low, or maybe medium or high. As paradox as it sounds, but not on ultra.

On 9.4.2017 at 8:26 PM, Manny said:

I hope LM would drop the water technology they are using P3D v3.x in the next version. This is not a boat simulator..

You are mistaken. P3D is designed as a vehicle simulator. That most people use it as flightsimulator does not change the fact that Lockheed Martin don't advertize as such.

• Upvote 1