Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Fort Wayne Airport (KFWA) scenery in the library

In the AVSIM Library now.

For your regional feeder commuter hops and your GA/Bizjet flights. Maybe fly your A10 into it....

Shez

• Upvote 2

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Thanks Shez for all your wonderful offerings. Will be sure to download and try it out.

BTW, remember when you had asked about opinions for new airports and I had mentioned KDAL, KTUS and KABQ, well it turns out that TropicalSim is doing KABQ as we speak. So maybe you might consider KDAL or KTUS in the future 🤞 ?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Shez, 

Anything in the Great Lakes area is appreciated.

I also have your KTOL scenery installed.  I have left the structure as it was unzipped, within the parent TOL2015X folder.   I plan on doing the same with FWA2017X.  As a result some of the third-party object libraries will be duplicated.  

Do the redundancies affect anything, other than perhaps memory or usage?  If so I can consolidate them.

Thanks,
Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I tried adding the Libraries objects to the FSX Addon Scenery folder as well as leaving them in the unzipped Libraries folder and referencing them in the scenery library.

However, in both cases I have instances where black boxes appear on the scenery and the some of the objects are missing.

It's likely something that I'm doing wrong, just wondering what it is. :smile:

Thanks,
Ernie

2017-4-8_19-13-46-668.jpg

Ernest Pergrem

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:27 PM, airernie said:

I tried adding the Libraries objects to the FSX Addon Scenery folder as well as leaving them in the unzipped Libraries folder and referencing them in the scenery library.

However, in both cases I have instances where black boxes appear on the scenery and the some of the objects are missing.

It's likely something that I'm doing wrong, just wondering what it is. :smile:

Thanks,
Ernie

I had the same issue in development but the stated method worked. Try and add the libraries in the scenery library, that way you can keep moving files into this folder for my future releases. Alternatively if that does not work, dump the files directly into the FA scenery and texture folders.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

5 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Thanks Shez for all your wonderful offerings. Will be sure to download and try it out.

BTW, remember when you had asked about opinions for new airports and I had mentioned KDAL, KTUS and KABQ, well it turns out that TropicalSim is doing KABQ as we speak. So maybe you might consider KDAL or KTUS in the future 🤞 ?

My next project is to finish off KMEM. I have done so much work on it that even if there is a payware version there I think there is room for another freeware version. The new project will be Burbank, a new version of one of my original FS9 projects. Alongside I have two other projects running at a lower level, updating KORD to current layout with photoreal ground (no buildings update) and KLAS terminal E for default.

Shez

• Upvote 1

Shez Ansari

6 hours ago, ShezA said:

My next project is to finish off KMEM. I have done so much work on it that even if there is a payware version there I think there is room for another freeware version. The new project will be Burbank, a new version of one of my original FS9 projects. Alongside I have two other projects running at a lower level, updating KORD to current layout with photoreal ground (no buildings update) and KLAS terminal E for default.

Shez

Thanks for Fort Wayne! KMEM would be just great - the Blueprint version is too simple and the FSDT version is very heavy and will bring some systems to the verge of VAS depletion just sitting on the ramp . . .

DJ

Hi Shez!

Nice work with Fort Wayne!  I installed it last night and plan to include it in my next flight!

I am still hoping and waiting for someone with your talent can create a beautiful version of KBWI.  I do some searches periodically hoping that you or a major developer is working on it. So far not so good.

Al

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

9 hours ago, ShezA said:

I had the same issue in development but the stated method worked. Try and add the libraries in the scenery library, that way you can keep moving files into this folder for my future releases. Alternatively if that does not work, dump the files directly into the FA scenery and texture folders.

Shez

Thanks Shez,

Putting them into the Addon Scenery folder didn't appear to work, but I haven't tried the second method that you mentioned.  Will give it a try and let you know the results.

Thanks for everything and another vote for KMEM. :smile:.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Burbank!  Ooooooh....nice.  We should maybe talk down-the-road when you are active on that as I am working on a full scale 3D photoreal SoCal :cool: and KBUR would "snuggly" fit right in there.  A match made in heaven :biggrin:!

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Thumbs up for KBUR!  Ol' Ski-nose would be proud!  Beautiful downtown Burbank... Sock-it-to-me!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 4/8/2017 at 11:10 PM, ShezA said:

I had the same issue in development but the stated method worked

Hi Shez,

I was able to resolve the issue of the missing hangers on the ANG ramp by adding Dan French's Military Hangers and Buildings Library Vol 2.  

I don't know why it was necessary since you included a copy with the airport, unless it was due to missing textures.

I noticed your Libraries\Texture folder only had 42 BMP files for all of the objects while Dan's Texture folder had 195 BMP files for just his objects.

Anyway, whatever the cause of the issue.. I now consider it solved.  As to why?  I'll save that for another day. :smile:

Ernie 

Ernest Pergrem

Interesting. 

50 minutes ago, airernie said:

Hi Shez,

I was able to resolve the issue of the missing hangers on the ANG ramp by adding Dan French's Military Hangers and Buildings Library Vol 2.  

I don't know why it was necessary since you included a copy with the airport, unless it was due to missing textures.

I noticed your Libraries\Texture folder only had 42 BMP files for all of the objects while Dan's Texture folder had 195 BMP files for just his objects.

Anyway, whatever the cause of the issue.. I now consider it solved.  As to why?  I'll save that for another day. :smile:

Ernie 

That is interesting. I only included those textures that were needed for this scenery as most of the others were redundant to this scenery and would bloat the user texture folder. But happy it worked.

For other users if a similar issue occurs the Libraries folder includes the readme files of all the libraries used. Like Ernest you can download the files yourself and install.

Shez

Shez Ansari

On 4/8/2017 at 11:26 AM, ShezA said:

In the AVSIM Library now.

For your regional feeder commuter hops and your GA/Bizjet flights. Maybe fly your A10 into it....

Shez

Hi Shez,

Quite coincidentally that I just think about you and your work minutes ago. Truly amazing and I really admire your contribution to the sim community.

I have downloaded lots of your airports,some of them are for P3D, lots of them are for FSX. I wonder if the airports in FSX going to work in P3D v3? Such as Ontario, Long Beach works in P3D v2 so I assume it works in v3 too? I will test it later tomorrow.

I'm a guy that just load the airport, look around, seems good, go straight to fly. I only know if there are bugs or not by someone pointing it out or having to download updates :tongue:

Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5