Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

FS9.CFG Explanations and FS9 Startup Parameters

Does nyone know if there is documented in one place an explanation for all/most/many of the parameters in FS9.cfg? If so, where?Also, can anyone point me to details about FS9 startup parameters. There's a recent tutorial on www.scenery.org that indicates that one can have a variety of xxx.cfg files (copies of FS9.cfg with variations) and select which of those files gets used at startup by adding a startup parameter (eg. FS9.exe /CFG:xxx) - thus allowing for multiple settings of, say, TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL to accommodate the specific requirements of different scenery packages. (I've tried e-mailing the author of that tutorial, but his e-mail address keeps being rejected.) I'm curious if this capability also extends to the scenery.cfg file (eg. /SCENERY:yyy), thus allowing minimization of the number of scenery library entries (and startup time) when flying in a localized area.Don

Guest firehawk44

"Does nyone know if there is documented in one place an explanation for all/most/many of the parameters in FS9.cfg? If so, where?"I do not know of any documentation in one place but the sub-forum, FS Tips and Tricks, has several threads concerning the FS9.cfg.Sorry, cannot help you with your other question but you may also find some of your answers in the same sub-forum.Jim