Sign in to follow this  
ptyler687

rxp gtn 760 not working after GTX 1080 Card install

2 hours ago, RXP said:

Have you had any success? 

It might also be there is something with X-Plane there. One of the latest blog post/comment mentioned you no longer have to manually disable "threaded optimizations" as X-Plane is doing it for you. I wonder if this would relate to the issue with the GTN. I don't know what they are doing with the video card to achieve this, but could this introduce a form of 'reset' when X-Plane starts up, which also resets the video card resources for the GTN under its feet?

This makes me wonder as it seems there was no, or little, issues like this during X-Plane beta up to the 1st XP11 RTM.

So, I just ran XP11 again, with the 382.33 drivers. I have not updated to the latest version of the drivers, but I still get the issue. I just tried with threaded opt on and with threaded opt off (no reboot inbetween) and after power up and avionics powered on, blank screen on both the 650 and 750. This is also true for the Garmin trainer software.

Oddly the G500, G500H and G600 trainer works, but the G750 that pops up with the G600 doesn't work, nor does the G750/650 standalone in the trainer.

If I reboot my system, it will work for a few times then stop working again.

Also, I have a GTX1080.

Both the rxpGTN.xpl.log and rxpTtnSim.dll.log file are 1 line with just the ddl version number in it. Which is version 2.4.6

I have rebooted my system and have threaded opt turned off for XP11 so we will see what happens.

On 6/3/2017 at 1:01 PM, asandor said:

So after reading this thread over again, I'm having the same issue. Though I don't reinstalled the 750/650 software, I just end up rebooting. I also have a GTX 1080 and I keep the drivers up to date with it unless people are complaining that the drivers don't work well with X-Plane 10/11.

Also I notice that when the GTNs don't work in X-Plane it does not work running the garmin trainer standalone. But once I reboot, both the trainer and the 750/650 work again. So I guess the real culprit is the garmin trainer software. I have not had a case where the 750/650 worked and the trainer did not work.

I am currently installing the latest gforce drivers (382.33) and will see how that works.

Glad I am not alone... :P

On 6/12/2017 at 11:15 AM, RXP said:

Have you had any success? 

It might also be there is something with X-Plane there. One of the latest blog post/comment mentioned you no longer have to manually disable "threaded optimizations" as X-Plane is doing it for you. I wonder if this would relate to the issue with the GTN. I don't know what they are doing with the video card to achieve this, but could this introduce a form of 'reset' when X-Plane starts up, which also resets the video card resources for the GTN under its feet?

This makes me wonder as it seems there was no, or little, issues like this during X-Plane beta up to the 1st XP11 RTM.

RXP,

I am still having the Problem.   When I get the Black screen I tried to see if the Garmin trainer stand alone would still work as Asandor suggested.  Mine worked.

Rebooting my computer does seems to get it to work again....  for a short while.     The not fired up started when I upgraded to a GTX1080 from 2 GTX 660ti.

I have tried to put xplane 11, Realityxp and all associated files to be ignored in my virus program.   Tried deleting and reinstalling a fresh copy for the Trainer program from the Garmin website.    Not has helped definitively.

Paul

Paul, something you might want to try then, at least to try pinpointing the source of this problem on your system, is installing XP10 (even the demo) and try the GTN with it. XP10 rendering pipeline is different than XP11. The latter is more demanding, and this test could help alleviate (or not) if this is the particular combination of XP11+video card which is causing an issue.

On June 12, 2017 at 4:22 PM, asandor said:

and have threaded opt turned off for XP11 so we will see what happens.

Any feedback for us from your tests?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

18 hours ago, RXP said:

Any feedback for us from your tests?

To be honest, of the past week or so have not been flying in x-plane. Been doing other things, so haven't really checked recently.

Today I have been starting and stopping x-plane 11 to see how many times the GNS works before the screen won't turn on.  So far tried about 5 times today and so far so good. I have also been waiting a short bit before I restart xp.

I'll keep testing it through out the day and will try to post here later today or tomorrow with the results.

So far I've done about 6 or so start/stops with no problem. I will let it rest some and try again later today and tomorrow and see what happens.

This sounds encouraging. Have you had a new driver update in between?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

6 hours ago, RXP said:

This sounds encouraging. Have you had a new driver update in between?

I went from 382.33 to 382.53, no other update in between. I've tested it a few more times today and so far no issues. I'll do some more tests tomorrow after I get home from work. But so far so good.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, asandor said:

I went from 382.33 to 382.53 ... I've tested it a few more times today and so far no issues.

Fantastic news! Thank you for sharing the driver version as well, this will help others!

Great, I have a GTX 1080 and can't get the trainer to work either.  I'll update my drivers and see what happens.

LouP