Sign in to follow this  
ptyler687

rxp gtn 760 not working after GTX 1080 Card install

I just installed A GTX 1080 Video card replacing 2 GTX 660Ti.    After video card install and loading up Xp 11,  The RXP  GTN 750 isn't working.  

RXP 750 was working great before the video card upgrade.

any ideas?

thanks in advance

Paul

after going a week Since upgrading to a GTX 1080 and the RxP 750 hadnt worked.  The

RXP 750 just started to work occasionally.   last couple of start up it booted up just fine.   Do I have a reason....no.   did I change anything....Not really.   

So not sure what the issue is (or was). 

The only thought, was  in that time I was able to finish the registration of the GTX 1080. 

I'm sorry for not having seen you message sooner, but I find peculiar the video card wouldn't work without a proper registration?!?!

I'd rather suspect a windows update or a driver update, or an anti-virus update.

I'd suggest you give v2.4.5 just posted a few hours ago a try though!

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi;

I have a rx 480 card.  I had the very same display  problems you have with your NVidia.  I rolled back the latest radeon driver to an older one and the problem went away.

You might want to try the same route and roll back your NVidia driver to an older one.  It might be worth a try.

Brad

• Upvote 1

Skyrail, I'm no longer having  issues and have been working properly ever since I finished the registration issues..... that seemed to be the issue. 

• Upvote 1

I just had a issue that any one following this thread can be aware of.   I downloaded the new set of drivers for my GTX 1080 video card.   When I fired up X-Plane  the GTN 750 wouldn't work  again.    I reinstalled the the GTN 750 and it works again.  

This is starting to get irritating.... somedays it works..... then the next wont boot up.  I can see when I hit the Avionic master the color on the screen change.  useally to a dark black.  I wish I had the smoking gun to why it intermittent at best and how to fix it...

Tried  reloading driver.... (sometimes this worked)

made sure Video card driver is up to date.

The only things I havent tried this time is reboot my computer...

Frustrated...

any idea?

Paul

Update:  rebooted computer and fired up xplane 11.  It worked again.....  Doesnt make a whole lot of sense!!!

Have you tried the latest v2.4.6 re-uploaded yesterday afternoon (top forum topic)?

Other customers have reported they used to have a similar symptom as yours and this version seems to solve this.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Updated to V 2.4.6

However, the Realityxp GTN 750 Still works intermittently.   Works, then later it doesn't.   I am constantly having to Reinstall the GTN 750, rebooting my Computer.  only to have it not working the next time I want to fly. (useally the next day)  this  problem started when I installed a GTX 1080 Video card.   Previously I had 2 GTN660 TI OC that were SLI.   Never failed to boot up.

Maybe some how loosing it connection to XPlane11 when my system goes into sleep mode?.   Maybe there is a Setting in my Video card that need to be turned on/off.?    Java not update?   

Still Frustrated.

Paul

Paul,

I suspect there is something at the driver level, or maybe your card is over clocked? what about trying to lower the frequencies a little to cross-check?

So after reading this thread over again, I'm having the same issue. Though I don't reinstalled the 750/650 software, I just end up rebooting. I also have a GTX 1080 and I keep the drivers up to date with it unless people are complaining that the drivers don't work well with X-Plane 10/11.

Also I notice that when the GTNs don't work in X-Plane it does not work running the garmin trainer standalone. But once I reboot, both the trainer and the 750/650 work again. So I guess the real culprit is the garmin trainer software. I have not had a case where the 750/650 worked and the trainer did not work.

I am currently installing the latest gforce drivers (382.33) and will see how that works.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, asandor said:

So after reading this thread over again, I'm having the same issue. Though I don't reinstalled the 750/650 software, I just end up rebooting. I also have a GTX 1080 and I keep the drivers up to date with it unless people are complaining that the drivers don't work well with X-Plane 10/11.

Also I notice that when the GTNs don't work in X-Plane it does not work running the garmin trainer standalone. But once I reboot, both the trainer and the 750/650 work again. So I guess the real culprit is the garmin trainer software. I have not had a case where the 750/650 worked and the trainer did not work.

I am currently installing the latest gforce drivers (382.33) and will see how that works.

Glad I am not alone... :P

On June 3, 2017 at 4:01 PM, asandor said:

Have you had any success? 

It might also be there is something with X-Plane there. One of the latest blog post/comment mentioned you no longer have to manually disable "threaded optimizations" as X-Plane is doing it for you. I wonder if this would relate to the issue with the GTN. I don't know what they are doing with the video card to achieve this, but could this introduce a form of 'reset' when X-Plane starts up, which also resets the video card resources for the GTN under its feet?

This makes me wonder as it seems there was no, or little, issues like this during X-Plane beta up to the 1st XP11 RTM.