Sign in to follow this  

Things have been quiet for a long time about the progress towards release of so many products. It has been so quiet, in fact, that I wonder how many have drifted away from our hobby. With some notable exceptions, the LM non-disclosure agreement is probably the culprit:sad:

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

And X-Plane 11 is there too, with many users progressively migrating.

AEFS 2 is yet another tempting experience, specially for those fond of ortophoto scenery...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

19 minutes ago, jcomm said:

And X-Plane 11 is there too, with many users progressively migrating.

Don't worry, these are the migrant birds,. Most of them will retun after the release of Prepa3d4. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 4

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

21 minutes ago, pmb said:

Don't worry, these are the migrant birds,. Most of them will retun after the release of Prepa3d4. 

Kind regards, Michael

:biggrin::biggrin:

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I was looking at some scenery and AC to buy , but ...I thought ..P3D 64bit is coming soon ... what will be of my investment???  then I wait.

Jorge

2 hours ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

Took just a few days of mucking around with XP 11 demo  to realize that X Plane was a waste of time. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

26 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Took just a few days of mucking around with XP 11 demo  to realize that X Plane was a waste of time. 

Haha funny... you should do stand-up...

Just now, Raven9000 said:

Haha funny... you shoul do stand-up...

Reality is very often, humourous. :cool:

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

LOL! I ask you, what clear and unequivocal evidence do we have that there is in fact a version 4 in the pipeline? Why would LM even consider it when one assumes their 32bit version currently services all the needs of their lucrative clients (not us). Mind you, the silence is indeed deafening which does lead one to suspect that there may be some ongoing intense behind-the-scenes activity.

I have all 3 sims installed - P3D, X-Plane 11 and Aerofly FS2. As with P3D, to get the most out of X-Plane you really need to introduce 3rd Party material. Thus far I have only the base sim installed and, for some reason, I don't feel motivated to take it much further...as yet. Aerofly FS2, however, with an in-house engine driving frame rates often as high as 120fps, great flight modelling and awesome scenery is fuelling my excitement and feelings of anticipation in ways my highly customised P3D 3.4 still continues to deliver. What's more, being a STEAM purchase I can relax in the knowledge that I need do nothing but wait for each update as it progresses through Beta development. Heck, I've just experienced a 76.2GB/17 hour download  to correct some unanticipated issues from a previous update. No way would I have tolerated that had I not consider it worthwhile.

All 3 Sims have something special to offer but, for me, my Prepar3D 3.4 32bit installation along with AS2016/ASCA, Orbx, Scotflight, etc. currently outshines them all. With the advent of Knossos's 'PTA' things just got even better and using Adam's 21.11 preset, along with an accurately calibrated monitor, has provided the finishing touches which, to my mind, appear as close to reality as is currently possible in a simulated real world environment. Prepar3D 'v4', if it exists, will have to go some to persuade this simmer to change. We'll see 😉

Mike

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I agree.

Mark

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, pmb said:

Don't be so sure :wink:

85% approval rating on Steam. Incredible numbers! :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Reality is very often, humourous. :cool:

You mean people's obliviousness? Yes... :biggrin:

6 hours ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

Your lifetime or mine?

NAX669.png

6 hours ago, aeronauta said:

I was looking at some scenery and AC to buy , but ...I thought ..P3D 64bit is coming soon ... what will be of my investment???  then I wait.

Jorge

ORBX has indicated already the next round of Prepar3d updates will be free of any charge. In my mind, that's a strong selling argument. Even more for people like me owning - and loving - the complete ORBX collection.

I also recall some mesh makers (Toposim?) already indicated they will provide free upgrades. There were similar rumours about PMDG, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

Besides, there will be a younger sibling called Dovetail Flightsim (for now), which might be *more or less* compatible to previous FSX products or at least allow relatively easy recompilation of the products. I think several (and know for sure two) developers are working in the background for this one, too.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

XPlane users are so insecure that they take every opportunity to beat their chests.  I really don't care which simulator you prefer, it has no impact on how I feel about my favorite platform and I've spent plenty of time with all three.

Back on topic:  Howdy Richard, haven't heard from you in awhile.  It is rather quiet but I suspect it has as much to do with the arrival of Spring on half the globe as anything else.  Meanwhile, I've been busy behind the scenes with DC6 beta for FSX/P3D... this beauty is going to be very popular.

As far as waiting for 64b before buying scenery... just shows a misunderstanding of what 64b/32b differences are.  A texture file or a bgl file will be the same... the only likely difference is the installer.  Buy your scenery now before the developers charge a fake premium for 64b scenery.

Currently in my copy of a QFA B744 (ER) enroute YSSY-FAOR.  Already lost SATCOM and things are quiet on the HF.  Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP