Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

W10 Creator Update and P3D(x)

Just wanted to mention, that I did a full test of my P3D and FSX installations with this update, and in using the new nVidia WHQL driver: 381.65 had the highest FPS on both sims that historically I got with my system, and smooth animation in both.  So, from a running stand-point, there should be no surprises should you decide to update before the forced push starting April 11.

1 hour ago, ppo said:

Define highest fps on both sims

For my system, with the entire sim maxed out in all features, 42, but I lock it to 33.

33 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

For my system, with the entire sim maxed out in all features, 42, but I lock it to 33.

A information:
Have you been using Game Mode, combining Windows + G keys, and other, worked in P3D full screen mode?
I at the time in Insider Program running 1703 compilation 15063.14, was in Fast Ring but I switched to Release Preview.
Well, I do not use P3D, in X-Plane 11 in full-screen mode Game mode keyboard combinations do not work, only in window mode, in FSX-SE also improvements, keyboard combinations work fully.
Thank you.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Agreed - certainly a performance bump (with the new OS version + 381.65 driver). 

Interesting thread. Is it this game mode that makes the boost? How is it activated? 381.65 is it SLI and VAS  safe? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On 4/9/2017 at 11:27 AM, Michael Moe said:

Interesting thread. Is it this game mode that makes the boost? How is it activated? 381.65 is it SLI and VAS  safe? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

I'm very hesitant to move off 376.33 due to the VAS concerns so would love to hear some feedback on that. 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

From what I've been reading, Game Mode is a great idea in concept but completely lacks in execution.

On 4/9/2017 at 10:53 AM, Dumont said:

A information:
Have you been using Game Mode, combining Windows + G keys, and other, worked in P3D full screen mode?
I at the time in Insider Program running 1703 compilation 15063.14, was in Fast Ring but I switched to Release Preview.
Well, I do not use P3D, in X-Plane 11 in full-screen mode Game mode keyboard combinations do not work, only in window mode, in FSX-SE also improvements, keyboard combinations work fully.
Thank you.

João Alfredo

Yes, I have been using Windows Mode to fire it up, then going to Full Window. No problems.  I have not seen a whopping increase of any kind, but have not seen a negative impact.  Frankly, I don't think you will see an FPS 'increase'...but rather less stutter or pause, because there are less processes being allowed to parse in the background.  I believe that this is the true intent.  If so, that by itself is a very positive coding effort.

On 10/04/2017 at 8:05 PM, Greggy_D said:

From what I've been reading, Game Mode is a great idea in concept but completely lacks in execution.

Bit like the fsl then

14ppkc-6.png

Has any experienced that there pcs now take forever to boot up after this new update.??

14ppkc-6.png

25 minutes ago, tooting said:

Has any experienced that there pcs now take forever to boot up after this new update.??

Mine takes a bit longer. BTW, did you get my PM Pete re UT2 ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

thanks mine working ok, Wilbury did you get the link ?

if not pm me again mate 

14ppkc-6.png

12 hours ago, tooting said:

thanks mine working ok, Wilbury did you get the link ?

if not pm me again mate 

Sent you a new PM Pete.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.