Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Why isn't KXLL in FSX airport listing?

An old, established airport near my home is not listed in the FSX airport list.  It's Queen City Airport (KXLL) in Allentown, Pa.  I fly out of KABE as my default airport...sometimes KPHL (Philadelphia) which is close to us.  However, Queen City is a rather heavily used little airport that is quite established.  Does FSX selectively leave out certain kinds of airports, or did they just miss this one?

Stan

ps.  If any scenery developer has a realistic rendition of KXLL or is working on one, I would appreciate knowing about it.  Thanks.

The identifier was changed to KXLL after FSX was released.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks.  Didn't know that.

Stan

Yep.  The time I flew in (fuel run) the designation was already changed.  But what I did was to Google "FSX KXLL" and the first post indicated the ICAO had been changed. I then brought up the Airport Wikipedia site, and the info was right there.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

6 hours ago, lownslo said:

1N9

Absolutely, though in this case (presumably, based on how he wrote his post) the OP didn't have the original ICAO or know that it had been changed - he thought that the airport didn't exist in FSX.

That said, AIRNAV is certainly a terrific resource, one that I've used for many years.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Absolutely, though in this case (presumably, based on how he wrote his post) the OP didn't have the original ICAO or know that it had been changed - he thought that the airport didn't exist in FSX.

That said, AIRNAV is certainly a terrific resource, one that I've used for many years.

I agree, use AIRNAV for all my US flights, it's an invaluable resource.