Sign in to follow this  
SeeSee

Cockpit for You 737TQ Silver v3 need help syncing

Just received my Silver v3 throttle from Cockpit for You.  I'm having some problems with the Stab trim not syncing correctly.  (The stab trim and trim wheels will be moving on screen when the actual throttle has not been touched). I was referred to contact PDMG for help by CFY which inturns refered me to here.  I'm hoping maybe someone can give me advice on how to solve this issue.

Had already tried uninstalling & reinstalling the software including all the updates.

Thanks! 

Full names on all posts in the PMDG forums please.

There is no "syncronization" of trim... you are describing an input to trim not due to your touching the controller but that doesn't mean the controller signal isn't causing the action.

Not normal for a throttle controller to have a trim switch, usually this is found on the yoke or joystick.  The first place to look is at the FSX/P3D (you didn't mention which) control assignment.  FSX is pretty bad at making random assignments on its own.

The only way to contact PMDG is at PMDG Product Support.  I have no idea what "CFY" stands for, but is it probably not PMDG Product Support.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry...New at this...where do I put my full name?

Using P3D

CFY = Cockpit for You (the company that made my throttle...they refer to themselves as CFY for short)

PMDG support actually pointed me here

I actually made a video of the issue but I don't think I can upload it here...

thanks,

See Wing

Hello See, I  wouldn't watch a video anyway.  Please provide information.  For example, FSX or P3D?  Axis assigned in FSUIPC or in the simulator? Did you check all control assignments in your simulator to make sure there are no extras you didn't put there?

PMDG web site provides this place as a user forum, just user here with an occasional PMDG guy, and PMDG Product Support, which is only way to directly contact PMDG.

Simply typing your name is good enough but you can set up your forum profile to include your name on every post automatically.

AVSIM has a forum on how to use AVSIM forums, including how to include your name, a photo or a video.  Explore.

Dan Downs KCRP

Have you calibrated your CFY TQ correctly? If not go the CFY Console and click TQ Calibration. After you have calibrated the Spoiler, Reversers and FLAPS continue with calibration of the TQ Levers and STAB Trim wheels.

There are 2 things that will make the Stab_Trim wheels to move. Either by moving the trim buttons on your yoke or automatically by the PMDG software when you have AP engaged and are in a flight.

I am using the TQ Silverv3 and everything works fine for me flying the PMDG B737 NGX

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

If I understand you correctly, you are not physically moving the trim wheels (or any other controller), but see them moving in the sim?  And presumeably on the ground so this can't be related to the AP trim?  If so, I suspect this is a signal noise issue.  I've been getting mine up and running.  I overall am very happy with it, but have found the signal from the TQ is a bit spikey/noisey.  I primarily see this in the trim cut out switches (every 5-20 seconds, I'll hear a click and see the guards on the switches move in the sim) and the spoiler (when in armed position, it will fluctuate in the sim between down and armed), but have also seen the trim wheel move slightly (much <1/4 turn) in the sim when they aren't touched (and the aircraft is on the ground).  I've been communicating with Torsten from CfY to try and clean this signal up.

Eric Szczesniak

Thanks everyone for your replies.  I think ESzczesniak has exactly described my problem!

I've also been in contact with Torsten from CFY in regards to this issue and he has advised that I will need to contact PMDG.  PMDG doesn't accept support emails anymore and has pointed me here  :s_bgt: I'm totally clueless at the moment as to what to do. Would you mind updating me if you're able to solve this issue?

I'm also having some issues with the speedbrakes but Torsten has advised that he's working on it.  Updates to solve this should be on his site in about 1-2 weeks.

Thanks!

If the controller is noisy or sending spurious signals in any way I do not know what PMDG is supposed to do.  I hope you didn't pay too much for that gadget.

Direct contact with PMDG is only at PMDG Product Support here (this is pretty easy to find on their home web page): http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Dan Downs KCRP

I hope you didn't pay too much for that gadget

It costs only 2000 Euro ++

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

Thanks! Please let me know if anyone has any further updates from Torsten of CFY! Would really appreciate it!! 😘😘😘

I would also recommend you to use a shield Ethernet cable and get it out of the way from the 110/220 power cables.

7 hours ago, roarkr said:

I would also recommend you to use a shield Ethernet cable and get it out of the way from the 110/220 power cables.

Thanks! 😄

This Fully Motorized TQ works flawlessly with Prosim 737 Suite which i'm buying by the end of this month for my home cockpit.

Once i purchase it and Torsten sends it out i can dig out the NGX which has acquired alot of dust by now and test on my end.

But i believe Torsten has visited Luthansa last week to discuss the TQ and i might hold off for his updates

Vernon Howells

On 2017-04-15 at 0:37 AM, Driver170 said:

This Fully Motorized TQ works flawlessly with Prosim 737 Suite which i'm buying by the end of this month for my home cockpit.

Once i purchase it and Torsten sends it out i can dig out the NGX which has acquired alot of dust by now and test on my end.

But i believe Torsten has visited Luthansa last week to discuss the TQ and i might hold off for his updates

Thanks! I would appreciate it! 😘

On 2017-04-10 at 7:47 AM, ESzczesniak said:

If I understand you correctly, you are not physically moving the trim wheels (or any other controller), but see them moving in the sim?  And presumeably on the ground so this can't be related to the AP trim?  If so, I suspect this is a signal noise issue.  I've been getting mine up and running.  I overall am very happy with it, but have found the signal from the TQ is a bit spikey/noisey.  I primarily see this in the trim cut out switches (every 5-20 seconds, I'll hear a click and see the guards on the switches move in the sim) and the spoiler (when in armed position, it will fluctuate in the sim between down and armed), but have also seen the trim wheel move slightly (much <1/4 turn) in the sim when they aren't touched (and the aircraft is on the ground).  I've been communicating with Torsten from CfY to try and clean this signal up.

Just wondering if you have the same problem as me....

I'm also having it running at the moment...just ignoring the noise as we go along.  But today when I was in set up (controller disconnected) I've noticed that the TQ is now physically moving on it's own...worse (more movements) when in P3D set up!

😩😩😩