Sign in to follow this  
danielalencar737

The best OS for FSX

Good evening,

Please, I was wondering which OS, Windows 7 x64 or Windows 8.1 x64, is the most recommended for FSX(both, MS and SE) and which Flight Simulator works better with PMDG 737NGX?

Thank you!!

I would bet that Windows 7-64bit will win hands down!

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

If those are the only choices, then without question I recommend Windows 7 64 bit.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

So far, I've had the best results with Win 10. 

I have been using Flight Sim since the DOS and Sublogic days, so I have tried them all. I never used Win 8. I had Win 7 64 bit for about a year and a half, and it worked pretty good, too.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

No question about that one.....Windows 7 and the boxed version (MS).

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

12 hours ago, charliearon said:

I would bet that Windows 7-64bit will win hands down!

Same.  W10 is all set to spy and you and try to force updates.

spacer.png

As far as which sim it works better in, that would be the Steam Edition of FSX as opposed to the boxed version, not because it works any differently in either, but simply because the Steam version runs a little bit better in terms of FPS and a few other minor features.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

What is windows 8.1? :rolleyes:

I will use my Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit until it dies. I have zero interest in Windows 10. 

Removed the boxed FSX now using steam FSXSE with windows 10 no problem, were we are going to end up no windows 11 in the pipe unless you use another O/S.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

+1 for FSX:SE and Windows 10. Was previously on Windows 7 but I'm glad I changed, it just seems generally snappier now.

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

21 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Windows 10. Works so well that I don't even miss Windows 7.

I massively agree with this comment - FSX:SE. 

• Upvote 1