Sign in to follow this  
Guest ianrivaldosmith

emmm, whats going on here?

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Hi again all, I have fs9 running really great now no stutters or anything! Until recently I have a new problem (they wont stop will they?) when I fly for a hour+ my textures all appear grey blurred and just plain stop loading!!!Is there any way around this? Its like ive run out of memory?System specs:- Celeron 2.5gig, 1gig PC2700 RAM, Radeon 9550 128mb.Ian

Guest ianrivaldosmith

is there any tweaks atall for this issue?

Nothing happens for no reason. If this is a recent change in the sim, you need to look at what changes you've made to the sim, your hardware, O/S, or all of the above. Something changed. If you can backtrack and remember when this started to happen, you may know what to reverse. Driver update? Scenery add-on? New utility, gauge or module? Change to your BIOS? Something changed--hopefully mention of these things will trigger a memory...-John

Guest ianrivaldosmith

I havent changed anything for weeks now, havent even installed anything. Its just the first time ive been doing long flights. May I ask, does time acceleration affect this issue? If i go to 4x, will it affect texture loading/not loading! After ive flown for several hours, my world is just a big white canvas!

Guest Philip Olson

Yes time acceleration will cause what you are seeing. When you bring the rate back to normal the textures should fill in normally again, not instantly but they will. When acclerated you are asking your sim to do a lot, think about it you are flying at perhaps 500 kts. and with 4X acceleration you are really travelling at 2000 kts so textures have to be loaded and unloaded very fast, most systems can't keep up, if any can. If you get this problem without acceleration then you have a problem but if it only happens when you run under acceleration then I wouldn't worry about it. Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

If you haven't yet, hit the TAB key to refresh your scenery. I do this about once an hour if needed. That's all I've got.bestscott

Guest ianrivaldosmith

do I have to assign this key, or is it allready set up? when u say refresh, does it tottaly load all textures up again without pausing the sim?

>do I have to assign this key, or is it allready set up?You need to set that up in the assignments section of FS9>when u say refresh, does it tottaly load all textures up again>without pausing the sim?No, when you refresh the scenery by using the key combo you assign, whatever it may be, the sim will pause while it reloads your scenery.Jim Karnhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Im in fs9 at the mo' but I cant seem to find the command I need to assign the key to? anyone care to help?______________!! Its ok all I found it, ill have a fiddle about and report back 2moro with my results, night for nowIan