Sign in to follow this  
HullWashOut

Payware planes (all) bank to the left

Hi everyone,

I currently have P3D v3. I have purchased the following planes and have a problem that all my payware planes are banking hard left through all stages of flight.

• A2A Cessna 172
  • A2A Cherokee
  • Carenado Cessna Caravan
  • Carenado P28
  • Just flight Piper Arrow 2

Now please bare in mind I had no problems before. It quite literally happened over night. (Although I think it was a similar time to when I purchased justflight piper arrow 2) Now I fully appreciate that the P factor comes in to play to model real flight etc. But this is too strong for that. Please see below what I have tried to rectify this but to no avail.

• All different stages of flight at various power settings
  • Full re calibration of yoke etc (remember its fine with stock aircraft)
  • All realism settings to easy
  • full uninstall and re install of p3d and all addons so (I know 😔)
  • Assigned rudder centre trim button
  • fuel and balance settings checked
  • all weather reduced and / or switched off (fair weather) 
  • no wind

Now here's the strange thing, I downloaded FSX SE to see if it did it there. It does! How strange eh? If it was a hardware problem it would surely have an effect on the stock aircraft also?

Simmers around the world, from reading the above do you have any advice that I haven't already tried?

cheers

Dan

First of all, this is the FSX forum. Not for p3D. Are you sure you aren't using you're mouse as a 'yoke system'? If not, and if you're using stick, is it correct connected to you're pc?

Hi buddy, as it's happening in both FSX and P3D I didn't think it would matter.

No I'm not using mouse as Yoke. I'm using saitek rudder pedals, yoke etc.

also that would not explain why my stock aircraft are fine but the pay ware planes are effected

Dan

How are your settings?  Easy....Hard?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Well, you may need to go through your payware installation instructions and see if they say anything

about making changes to your settings.  Stock aircraft don't really care about the settings too much

but payware may be more critical.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Guys many thanks, it is now resolved. I didn't realise that aircraft have specific speeds at which the p factor no longer exsists or is compensated for. 

I had become tunnelled vision regarding this issue.

Happy Simming

Hey Hull, this doesn't make a lot of sense to me I have always flown with pfactor and others set all to the right ever since those settings were offered (following Real Air's advice)

What was it that you had to "resolve"? Just wondering because I have never heard of nor personally seen your resulting problem.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

You also need to check your aircraft's allegiance, MiGs will obviously veer to the left, whereas Donald Trump's 757 will almost certainly veer to the right. :biggrin:

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

12 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

Hey Hull, this doesn't make a lot of sense to me I have always flown with pfactor and others set all to the right ever since those settings were offered (following Real Air's advice)

What was it that you had to "resolve"? Just wondering because I have never heard of nor personally seen your resulting problem.

Hi,

i use the advanced spyware aircraft such as A2A. The fuel was 25gallons on right and 30gallons on the left. I also had the pilot at 175 pounds on the left. Hence this at certain speeds gave me a hard bank to the left.

Dan

In the past I've had a number of aircraft that want to fly left just like the OP.

As a former real world amateur pilot I've found the torque and p settings too ferocious and quite unlike my real life experience..they are now set at minimum.

In most of the light aircraft models that I own , unequal tankage or one single occupant has far too great an effect on stability...I'm looking at you A2A!

• Upvote 1

Yes I would agree totally with this. I have 7hrs of PPL training in PA28 and the effect is to great.

i have read somewhere that p3d/fsx has a default setting for this and when you install advanced payware that has this feature it adds to the default setting. (Hope that makes sense) I sure their is away maybe of tinkering with airplane.cfg to reduce this feature?