Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Tutorial questions, not working correctly?

Hi, I have flown the tutorial from KDEN to KSFO four times now and I'm learning more and more but I have some questions about some items that don't seem to work per the tutorial.

On pages 76/77 the ILS 111.70 does not automatically show as it says per the tutorial.  As an experiment I clicked on LSK 4L and then it put it on the PD.

How do I change the behavior of the Radio Knob on page 77/78?  By messing with it I discovered I have to RIGHT click it to get it to work then it's very difficult to get the correct radio alt set in the PD.  Can't I set it so it just rotates instead of having to drag it?

Thanks.  Great plane but VAS heavy.  Even though I'm using P3D 3.4 with the NVIDIA 376.33 drivers on a GTX980, hardly any Orbx stuff except for NCA land class, and most of my P3D sliders mostly left.

I start at RWY 17R with 57% used and on the taxiway at KSFO I have 76% used per the VirtualFly VAS meter.

I do not use any weather per the tutorial, no AI traffic at all, no ships, ferries, or cars.

Thanks

Jack Sawyer

1 hour ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

On pages 76/77 the ILS 111.70 does not automatically show as it says per the tutorial.  As an experiment I clicked on LSK 4L and then it put it on the PD.

Did you select ILS28R as instructed on page 36?

1 hour ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

How do I change the behavior of the Radio Knob on page 77/78?  By messing with it I discovered I have to RIGHT click it to get it to work then it's very difficult to get the correct radio alt set in the PD.  Can't I set it so it just rotates instead of having to drag it?

Intro Manual page 87.

PAGE 20/22 – PANEL OPTIONS
MINIMUMS & BARO KNOBS: This option selects between realistic spring loaded switches (SLOW/FAST setting) that need to be held and constant rotation rotaries for the MINS and BARO knobs on the EFIS control panel. The SLOW/FAST option is accurate to the real aircraft but may not be as conducive to the simulator environment as the rotary option.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle, yes, I selected ILS28R as I had a perfect flight and it autolanded precisely.

Thanks for the info on changing the functionality of the knob.  I worked these knobs for decades in real life, I know how they move the digits as you hold the spring loaded switch but it's difficult to implement with a mouse with the dragging, it's not intuitive, in my opinion only.

Jack Sawyer

Jack,

The only way I could see that happening is if the ILS frequency for the runway as it exists in the sim doesn't match what's in the FMC's navdata (they're two separate things).

Regarding VAS - the plane's contribution to it should already be fully present by the time you take off. That 20% increase over the course of the flight has to be due to the sim and scenery. The Bay Area uses a lot more in general than Denver, I'll bet most of it is that.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan and thanks.  It worked.  I had a LAND 3 and a perfect autoland so I know it was the poper freq.  I saw the LOC and GS come alive so I know it was tuned.

As for the VAS, well, I just have to keep messing with settings.

Jack Sawyer