Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Passenger dragged off overbooked United flight

Hah!  Still going.  Well, still sad that the MD being dragged off SLAG.

spacer.png

American has 113,300 employees so with that many people small isolated events can happen. I think they handled it well. Now it seems like they will have 113,299 people working for them. 

Matthew Kane

I just wonder where people's common sense is going. Even as a kid, I don't think I would have ever let any of these situations get to the stages they eventually reached. Certainly as a teen I learned the art of calming down Irate customers.

And the UA Ceo.......

What was he thinking?

You could practically see the wide eyes all across the world at his initial response, and flies on the wall nodding sagely and saying "Dead man walking."

Something is wrong, out there.

At least American Airlines managed not to stick its foot in its mouth. (Which is kind of a low bar for multinational mega-companies)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Im at my 4th airline over a 20 year period.  Long, short and low cost.

All of them have overbooked and do so on a daily basis.  Just this time they got caught and went about it the wrong way.

People never look at the bigger picture and sometimes you have to take a punter or bunch of punters off to get a whole crew to pax (or deadhead as the yanks call it) to cover a flight later on in the programme.  Its a horrible decision to make and one I've had to do numerous times in 10 years of working in OPS to bump 6 punters off a flight is cheaper than cancelling the one the day later.  

99 times out of 100 people take the money.  At my old airline we used to fly to a certain destination which was and still is constantly either overbooked or overweight with bags that it couldnt make it.  The certain destination had a reputation for passengers being "thrifty"  and we once managed to get people off for £25 and not the standard 150...  

Sad but true  

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png