Sign in to follow this  
allergiecheck

C310: large font size in Autopilot screen

Just reinstalled the C310 on P3D 3.4, version from 08/2016. Everything works great, but the font size of the autopilot display seems too large...the letters "HDG" (when heading mode is selected) are so big, they even mask the "AP" light. Same for the DME gauge - digits are too large. Do I have to change something in the windows settings...?

Thomas

My guess is, that it is one of these two:

- Since you're using 4K, fonts are displayed larger.

- Some fonts were removed in Windows 10 (as per your signature), a font that renders larger was automatically chosen as a substitution.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Thomas,

maybe someone from Milviz could comment which font they are using for the displays (autopilot and DME) so I can replace them. Thanks.

4 hours ago, allergiecheck said:

maybe someone from Milviz could comment which font they are using for the displays (autopilot and DME) so I can replace them. Thanks.

There are four DS-xxx font files that will be in your sim's ..\Fonts folder. Right-click on each of them and choose "Install" from the drop-down list of options. They should have been automatically "Installed" by the sim, but sometimes that process fails.

vgXdX.png

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

thanks Bill, I will give it try next time I launch my simulator. Just noticed your screenshot shows FSX..not sure if P3D has this folder as well. Will see...

It´s working now...thank to all of you guys :ha:

However....I decided to switch to the Free Panel version and installed the radio units from FriendlyPanels, they have a much better functionality, especially the KAP140 autopilot.

22 hours ago, allergiecheck said:

It´s working now...thank to all of you guys :ha:

However....I decided to switch to the Free Panel version and installed the radio units from FriendlyPanels, they have a much better functionality, especially the KAP140 autopilot.

Do you happen to have a picture of your mod? Also, are 'Friendly Panels' 2D or 3D?

...Friendly panels is an old program for FSX, but still works in P3D. You need to manually add the gauges in the panel.cfg file, but not a big deal. It only works if you have an empty place in the cockpit, like in the C310 free panel. I am currently trying to map the Autopilot functions of the KAP140 (very close to real unit!) to my GoFlight modules using FSUIPC mouse macros, since they have no Lvars and cannot be used in Lua scripts.

The gauges are 2D, but the work in the 3D without problem, you just do not have fancy 3D buttons, which I don't´ miss....and which you anyway don't have in the C310 free panel version.

I will send you a picture later on.

Thomas

Here is the screen shot of my panel as requested. It includes F1 GNS430 and the Friendly Panel Gauges. Mapping the KAP140 to Goflight Modules worked fine, using FSUIPC mouse macros. They also work for the 2 C310 Leanfinder gauges, by the way.

If you have the radio unit from GoFLight, I recommend that you use NAV2/COM2 option for the GNS430 and NAV1/COM1 on the Goflight, because otherwise you get conflicts.

Thomas

28892785kt.jpg

The above is precisely why I included the aptly named "Free Radio Panel" version in the package. Some folks find that they are willing to trade off 3d and use their favorite 2d 'gauges' instead. We at Milviz try to provide for everyone's preferences. :gaul:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

Thanks for the info and the photo. I think I might give it a try. The dilemma for me is I'm not willing to give up the WX Advantage Radar and fear it won't be possible to utilize the Free Radio panel w/ the radar.

Thanks again,

Les Parson

Les, I think you can install the WX Radar into the free radio panel as well....it just has no 3D knobs. 

23 hours ago, ThomasAH said:

The panel is too cramped with the WX Radar for me anyway, so I only added it as a popup.

That's one reason I prefer to use the Flight1 GTN750. It removes the need for at least three other pieces of equipment: audio panel, transponder, and Com/Nav radio, leaving room for other toys such as the WX Radar. :gaul:

Fr. Bill