Sign in to follow this  
hmoesch

Changing assignments for CRS, SPD, HDG, ALT rotaries on VRInsight original MCP1 and corresponding LCD display output

Hello to all,

it has been a while since my last post on this forum, but I recently run into an issue that I could not resolve and therefore wanted to ask for help here. I am using the original VRInsight MCP1 combo with FSX together with LINDA 2.9.3 v1 and registered FSUIPC 4.964.

For the Realair Turbine Duke v2, I wanted to reassign the MCP SPD rotary to CRS, which works fine for the input, but on the LCD display output I still get the SPD value and not the value for CRS. My question is whether and how this can be changed? Maybe this a standard question, but I could not find a quick answer by searching this forum.

Many thanks,

Hans

Hans,

this is not easily possible.

There have to be done code changes in the Duke's module

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 hours ago, hmoesch said:

Hello to all,

it has been a while since my last post on this forum, but I recently run into an issue that I could not resolve and therefore wanted to ask for help here. I am using the original VRInsight MCP1 combo with FSX together with LINDA 2.9.3 v1 and registered FSUIPC 4.964.

For the Realair Turbine Duke v2, I wanted to reassign the MCP SPD rotary to CRS, which works fine for the input, but on the LCD display output I still get the SPD value and not the value for CRS. My question is whether and how this can be changed? Maybe this a standard question, but I could not find a quick answer by searching this forum.

Many thanks,

Hans

Hi Hans

As Guenseli has said, what you are trying to do is not easy. The CRS/SPD/HDG/ALT displays on the Original MCP1 has hardcoded within the panel with set commands for the display on fixed positions on the LCD display. The LINDA DspCRS function actually does not attempt to display anything on the MCP1 panel.

The default configuration for the Duke uses the FSX Default knob functions (in lib-fallback.lua) for these knobs (eg. CRS_plus/_plusfast/_minus/_minusfast). 

Unfortunately, as I neither Guenseli nor I own a MCP1 we can offer little help to get the CRS display working for you.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks guenseli and Scotflieger for the fast reponses. Good to know that I did not miss an easy or obvious solution.