Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Flight Replicas Super Cubs ?

Hi Folks,

I see Flight Replica has a good sale going - anyone have an opinion on the Super Cub pack and will it play nice in P3D ?

I believe Bernt Stolle did the FDE so it should fly nice...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I fly it in P3D 2.4 with no problems and really enjoy it. Great little bush plane. I bought the Super Cub complete package. It's pretty sensitive to control input but that might just be the way I have my controls setup, overall a great little plane. Can't comment on how well it works in P3D 3xxx.

Cheers

Martin

The VC graphics aren't up to par with modern standards, but the models themselves are fun to fly, and you can really feel the difference between the early rubberband-powered versions and some of the insane experimentals.   The "top of the line" model in the Super Cubs package -- can't recall exactly, but It has a 200+ HP engine and leading-egde slats the size of barn doors -- can practically do VTOL into a mild headwind.  It's a lot of fun.

They are a pleasure to fly, but like Rob mentioned the VC graphics are nothing like a Carenado or Alabeo aircraft. I'll probably be taking advantage of the sale to update them for P3D.

Years ago I uploaded a replacement cockpit glass texture because I thought the tinting was too strong (dark) to flightsim.com, would have to find that again...

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Scott

I have both the complete package and the ultra super cub. They all work great in PD3V3.4. The ultra is really the most modified super cub with leading edge slats. All the higher powered ones 180-210 hp will do tail stand take offs.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

The cub packages works great for me in P3Dv3.4, but as others have mentioned they need updated VC textures.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the replies - for $20.00 I might just pick it up...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7