Sign in to follow this  
hariseldon

reverse thrust when setting four axes for engines

[Thrustmaster Warthog / CH throttle quadrant / Saitek Trim wheel and pedals]

Hi,
on FSXSE, I've tried to setup four sliders on CH Throttle quadrant, one for each engine: it works perfectly, except that thrust reverse keypress won't engage the reversers ( conflict?), so that I had to step back to one only axe throttle programming (on Warthog), in which case the keypress works correctly

please, any suggestion that might help me using separately the four engines, yet having working reversers?

thanks

Marco Gabbrielli

Marco,

Are you using FSUIPC? Also, depending on several factors, during calibration  the axis idle has to be pushed up a bit, so that when the lever is at idle, it is absolutely at idle.

tony

• Upvote 1

One of the better ways to program 4 separate reverse thrust levers is through fsuipc.

In the buttons window, you simply choose "throttle 1 dec", throttle 2 dec, etc.

tony

• Upvote 1

Just another option that I'm kinda enjoying is the Lua Throttle Manager.  You can find a link in the FSUIPC User contribution Forum. I'd provide a link but on my phone.  Basically it allows you to press a button and it sets your throttle axis to the reverse axis. This allows you to use he full range of reverse thrust realistically rather than holding F2 then throttle idle command. 

• Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

4 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Just another option that I'm kinda enjoying is the Lua Plugin Manager.  You can find a link in the FSUIPC User contribution Forum. I'd provide a link but on my phone.  Basically it allows you to press a button and it sets your throttle axis to the reverse axis. This allows you to use he full range of reverse thrust realistically rather than holding F2 then throttle idle command. 

thanks, this is for me the first time that I read about that possibility (I don't have the time to get too much in depth, tough); I've tried in the past to program the reverse on the Warthog throttle, with no result

Its not hard.  Make sure you download v.1.1.3.
Then select aircraft, run the FSUIPC>Buttons>Select one button to control them all.  FS Assignments look thru the list until you see LUAToggle Throttle Manager.  Set the parameter to 1.  I always forget.  Exit Flight sim.  Open up FSUIPC.ini in your favorite editor.  Got to the Buttons.<Profile Name> and find the assignment.  0=PB,31,CL3:T,1     -{LuaToggle ThrottleManager}-  something like that.  Copy paste that however many times you need (One per engine).  Then change the parameter to match the corresponding engine.

0=PB,31,CL3:T,1     -{LuaToggle ThrottleManager}-
1=PB,31,CL3:T,2     -{LuaToggle ThrottleManager}-
2=PB,31,CL3:T,3     -{LuaToggle ThrottleManager}-
3=PB,31,CL3:T,4     -{LuaToggle ThrottleManager}-

Thats what mine looks like in the engine.  So you land press the button you get the chime.  Your ready to rock and roll.  Spool up the engines then slowly come out of reverse rather than abruptly (unrealistic).   Hope that helps.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69388-throttle-manager-to-allow-axis-forwardreverse-toggle/

Just download the four files listed and put the in the modules folder.

• Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

On 11/4/2017 at 7:03 PM, thibodba57 said:

Its not hard.  Make sure you download v.1.1.3.
Then select aircraft, run the FSUIPC>Buttons>Select one button to control them all.  FS Assignments look thru the list until you see LUAToggle Throttle Manager.  Set the parameter to 1.  I always forget.  Exit Flight sim.  Open up FSUIPC.ini in your favorite editor.  Got to the Buttons.<Profile Name> and find the assignment.  0=PB,31,CL3:T,1     -{LuaToggle ThrottleManager}-  something like that.  Copy paste that however many times you need (One per engine).  Then change the parameter to match the corresponding engine.

0=PB,31,CL3:T,1     -{LuaToggle ThrottleManager}-
1=PB,31,CL3:T,2     -{LuaToggle ThrottleManager}-
2=PB,31,CL3:T,3     -{LuaToggle ThrottleManager}-
3=PB,31,CL3:T,4     -{LuaToggle ThrottleManager}-

Thats what mine looks like in the engine.  So you land press the button you get the chime.  Your ready to rock and roll.  Spool up the engines then slowly come out of reverse rather than abruptly (unrealistic).   Hope that helps.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69388-throttle-manager-to-allow-axis-forwardreverse-toggle/

Just download the four files listed and put the in the modules folder.

it did not start well :) ...

I've updated to the latest FSUIPC, copied the four throttle manager files into fsx\modules, launched the 747, then FSUIPC>buttons panel: checked the FScontrol box, yet, scrolling the "Control sent..." dropdown window, I only have a "Luakill" option (?)

On 11/4/2017 at 6:27 PM, flyforever said:

One of the better ways to program 4 separate reverse thrust levers is through fsuipc.

In the buttons window, you simply choose "throttle 1 dec", throttle 2 dec, etc.

tony

it looks like CH Throttle Quadrant is quite an imperfect tool: even after multiple calibrations, I cannot achieve "zeroed" levers: I mean that the levers are continuously sending little spikes to the PC, so that every other button/lever programmed via FSUIPC for reverse thrust is continuously been counteracted by those spikes

Make sure that when you are finding the zero during calibration that you keep the levers slightly above the idle stop. This allows for some offset, making sure that the software always goes to zero. Essentially, bring all the levers up from their idles stop and start calibrating them from that point.

At some point, when pots wear, you will experience spikes. It's time to replace the pots, or purchase a new quadrant.

Fsuipc does have a "spike" minimization feature.

tony

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, hariseldon said:

it did not start well :) ...

I've updated to the latest FSUIPC, copied the four throttle manager files into fsx\modules, launched the 747, then FSUIPC>buttons panel: checked the FScontrol box, yet, scrolling the "Control sent..." dropdown window, I only have a "Luakill" option (?)

Oh you know what...I missed a step in my explanation.  Its in the Throttlemanager.txt file.  Its an explanation step for step of what todo.  First step is to add a couple lines in the FSUIPC.ini file.  

-- 1. Edit "FSUIPC.ini" and add (substitute X for 1 or next # if exists): -- [Auto] -- X=Lua ThrottleManager

Just go thru the steps as written.

• Upvote 1

beta.gif   

My Liveries