Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Product id

I'm trying to re-install the 747 and it's asking for the product id. Is that the serial no., if not where on the invoice is it located. I have no e-mail saved.

Log into your sales account at PMDG (unless this is the boxed version from Aerosoft) and select order history.  Every order will be listed and click on the order to see product information and the product key.

Not sure what a product ID might be, is this the old legacy 747 or the current 747v3 QOTSII product?  Regardless, visit the web site for your answer.

Dan Downs KCRP

It's the the current 747v3. I've used the serial number, order id and two other numbers with the firewall off.

I'm wondering if there's another number that was given in the original e-mail with the purchase that I don't have.

2 hours ago, jetsmell said:

I'm trying to re-install the 747 and it's asking for the product id. Is that the serial no., if not where on the invoice is it located. I have no e-mail saved.

Sounds a lot like you are attempting to install the old version again.

Full names in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

I did purchase the old 747, but all of the numbers I'm using is in the new 747 invoice. In my list of purchases I opened up the new Queen of the Skies.

Can you please explain what you meant when you said;  "Sounds a lot like you are attempting to install the old version again. ", thanks!

Dan Longano

22 minutes ago, jetsmell said:

I did purchase the old 747, but all of the numbers I'm using is in the new 747 invoice. In my list of purchases I opened up the new Queen of the Skies.

Can you please explain what you meant when you said;  "Sounds a lot like you are attempting to install the old version again. ", thanks!

In the past, I believe we assisted you in the support portal in attempting to install the 747. The issue in that ticket was that you were taking the old product and trying to install it.

You need to find the new 747 in your order history, and download the installer for the new product. You cannot download the old installer (that has you enter the order ID, email, and password) and use the info from the new order and expect it to both work, and give you the new aircraft. You absolutely need to have the new installer in order to have it both work, and give you the new aircraft. It will not ask you for your Order ID, your email, and your password; it will simply install. It will only prompt you for the license key when you select it in the sim.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok, For some reason when I go into my account, my latestest purchase was on top and it said ' Queen of the Skies'. I'll try that. Thank you again, 

Dan Longano

It seems to be working now. I had un-installed the Queen using the ' program and features. When I re-installed I was presented with this; PMDG 8i for use with 747-400

747 QOTSii Base

747-400 x LCF exe.

747_400_FSX setup

It was confusing because I chose; 747_400_ FSX setup. The 747QOTSII Base worked.I guess I leave the others alone. What brought this whole thing on originally was the altimeter.

The same thing occurred with this latest install. I discovered the altimeter box under the speed tape was showing 0000. When I manually changed it to 3292 it was fine. The backup altimeter

is still black.

Dan Longano

Edited by jetsmell
Had to add my name.

The only installer you should be using is the one for QOTSii. The rest are all the version that is now 10 years old.

As I know I've mentioned before, you'd save yourself a lot of time and trouble if you reach out to us, or here in the forum for support, instead of uninstalling and reinstalling. This isn't the first time you've gotten those installers confused, and have caused a larger problem than the original issue you tried to solve with a reinstall.

Are you using FSX, or FSX Steam Edition?

Kyle Rodgers

I'm using FSX SE. I guess dementia might be setting in. Thank you so much for your help, it's really appreciated.

Dan Longano