Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

Is XPrc1 'throttled'?

A strange question I know (especially for those with limited system resources) but, I am rather surprised at the inability of my own system to generate anything higher tthan 35-40fps on 'high' settings? Has anyone else with a high-end system noticed this?

With most other 'games' that I run; the house lights go dim, the pile stands up on the carpet and I can rocket along at dicking refuculous fps rates!! 

XP11?..... Well - it just keeps strolling along..... [Yawn].

"Dear Ben, please take the parking brake off?"

My own experience with the final release, I too have lower frames than I had with the Betas EXCEPT for the fact that I am currently using payware aircraft.  Oddly enough, during the Betas, I beat the tar out of the C172, but now, i haven't gone back to it.  I cannot vouch for default aircraft right now, but if you or anyone else, care to enlighten the community with further data, we're here and listening.

For the record David, XP still isn't quite final, in the literal sense.  There is an expected patch, or fix here soon (ETA unknown at the time of this posting) and it may or may not help the issue you are having.  According to blog information, LR will release patches and fixes occasionally for XP11, depending on impact, but further details are not known at this time.

To be honest, 35-40 should be perfectly fine and well within the average framerate targets that LR wants to see so it shouldn't be considered a bug and no report should be filed with LR currently.

Hope that helps, my friend. :biggrin:

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

It's not throttled, it's just running a ton of stuff under the hood that takes more horsepower than the average AAA game, if that's your standard of reference.

You're also running a lot of pixels -- 2560 x 1440 on the main display plus those side monitors, right? I have lower hardware specs than you (see sig below) but I can get around 40 fps average on my single 1920x1200 monitor. That's with XP11 set to High(HDR) graphics, Maximum world detail, reflections minimum and world shadows off. That seems about right to me, for the level of detail that XP11 is showing onscreen.

When I run a high-end game, I'm usually closer to 60 fps with my hardware and monitor res on "High" settings. "Ultra" or whatever is too much. I'll pick up a 1080 or 1080ti card at some point to eke out the last bit of eye candy in games and X-Plane, but for now my GTX970 is cranking along okay. 

Flight sims are just harder on the animation frame rate than most games. It's always been this way. XP11 will continue to be optimized, but don't expect the moon. It's an inherently resource-intensive program.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

15 hours ago, Paraffin said:

It's not throttled, it's just running a ton of stuff under the hood that takes more horsepower than the average AAA game, if that's your standard of reference.

.....Flight sims are just harder on the animation frame rate than most games. It's always been this way. XP11 will continue to be optimized, but don't expect the moon. It's an inherently resource-intensive program.

You're correct of course Paraffin and, as Jim quite rightly mentioned, there are still a few performance tweaks that I believe Ben is currently engaged on that will no doubt improve things further. Just to qualify my original post; I am in no way complaining about XP - quite the reverse. I am absolutely blown away with the entire Sim (something that I have waited umpteen expensive years to be finally able to say) and I am eagerly awaiting the forthcoming compatibility updates to the variety of payware addons that I have.

Buy, Fly, Enjoy.  Simples!!  :laugh:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, J.L.Seagull said:

You're correct of course Paraffin and, as Jim quite rightly mentioned, there are still a few performance tweaks that I believe Ben is currently engaged on that will no doubt improve things further. Just to qualify my original post; I am in no way complaining about XP - quite the reverse. I am absolutely blown away with the entire Sim (something that I have waited umpteen expensive years to be finally able to say) and I am eagerly awaiting the forthcoming compatibility updates to the variety of payware addons that I have.

Buy, Fly, Enjoy.  Simples!!  :laugh:

I'm sure quite a few people out there could say the same thing about the level of performance and satisfaction has greatly increased now with XP11.  I too fall under the category of "umpteen expensive years", and making full use of the hardware has always been a bone of contention for me, but no longer.  I could fire up my other sim, but I just don't get the same level of satisfaction, despite having multiple add-ons which boost the visual realism.  Give it time, and X-Plane will evolve into a worthy simulator that can encompass the varied tastes of every pilot out there.

• Upvote 2

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit