Sign in to follow this  
White

The best GA aircraft for FS2004 that provides SIDs and STARs

Hello guys. I started flying small aircrafts. Now I have Carenado Cessna 172, F1 Cessna 172 and Aopa Piper Cheeroke Six. But! I can't flying with comfort from point A to point B сuz those aircrafts don't support STARs and SIDs. For example, to put a SID or a STAR into my GPS on Cessna 172 I go to the FSCommander and put my flight plan over there then I need to put a SID and then go back to my GPS on Cessna and activate a new flight plan with the SID. When I arriving at my destination, air traffic controllers give me a STAR and then I go to my FSCommander and put STAR in my flight plan and add this new plan with the STAR to my GSP. It's not comfortable and I can't fly with comfort. Do you know any GA planes for FS2004 that support STARs and SIDs? Thank you very much in advance.

There aren'y any FS2004 GA aircraft with FMC's that I know of, because there aren't any in real life - the expense of such systems is beyond the private owner or syndicate and there just isn't enough space for one in a GA aircraft! Most GA aircraft are flown VFR because only a few private pilots have IFR rating, mostly through their work as commercial pilots. If you really can't fly without a programmable FMC you'll need to look at small commercial or executive aircraft rather than general aviation aircraft.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, A32xx said:

Most GA aircraft are flown VFR because only a few private pilots have IFR rating, mostly through their work as commercial pilots. If you really can't fly without a programmable FMC you'll need to look at small commercial or executive aircraft rather than general aviation aircraft.

No, sir. You got me wrong. I don't need a programmable FMC. For example you can watch this video (from 19:23) - the pilot can choose SIDs and STARs with his Garmin GTN 750 on board.

If the weather is bad, then how to fly VFR? No chance.

For example, this pilot goes for IFR with no problem.

FlightSim Commander, and I am sure some other flight planners as well, can be updated for SIDs and STARs from Navigraph.  You can then plan a flight using the SIDs and STARs applicable to wind direction at the departure and arrival airports.  Export the flight plan in FS2004 format and it will be recognised in whatever GPS you are using in the sim.

This is not the realistic way of doing things since, as A32xx says, GA aircraft just don't have FMCs, but it's about the nearest you will ever get.  As for anyone ever creating a Garmin GTN750 for FS2004 - no chance I'm afraid.

Dijvid

Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne has Trimble 2000 Approach Plus GPS with SID and STARs. It's a great plane

There are no add-ons for FS9 light GA aircraft that support the current AIRAC, Mindstar has a GNS 430/530 that supports an updateable AIRAC. It can be installed in any of your GA aircraft. For more information, look here http://www.mindstaraviation.com/Product_430_530.html it can be updated with AIRAC data from http://www.realnavdata.com/. None of this is free, of course.

DJ

Hi Folks,

As DJ mentioned - anything you can get an RXP GNS430/530 would be a good solution... Unfortunately - FS9 is probably going to take you some work...

Some of my favorite GA Aircraft are the Dreamfleet/Flight 1 Archer, Bonanza, Baron, and Dakota... If you are running a 64 bit OS and/or Win10 - you may have some trouble with the Flight1 wrappers and many of the gauges will need to be upgraded with Reality XP 64 bit payware... If you're running 32 bit Win7/XP I believe everything should work as purchased... Flight1 has a 30 day return policy - so you could try it... So it can be a substantial amount of work and a relatively big expense for these models - depending on your OS - but they were some of the best ever made for FS9...

http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/

Best of luck...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7