Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildfire563

Flight plan for basic flight training in the zone

Imagine if you had to file a VFR flight plan in FS9 or RC4 ATC system for 40mins of basic training in a certain area, where you would fly back and forth all over the zone, training those turns and climbs. How would you file the flight plan properly within the game to maintain flight rules of FS9/RC4 world? Basically you'll spend 40mins in a 3x3 mile area without any certain direction of flight.Thanks.

I wouldn't. In the UK such a VFR flight plan isn't required. VFR flight plans are only required for:- flights to and from the UK- flights within class B-D controlled airspace, although this may be satisfied by passing flight details on RTF- flights within class F airspace wanting to participate in ATAS- flights where the destination aerodrome is more than 40km from the departure and the MTWA exceeds 5700kg.It's recommened that flight plans are filed for flights over the sea more than 10km from the coast, and over sparcely populated areas where SAR operation would be difficult.

Thanks, but how to PLAY this situation to make it interesting in FS9 and comply with RC4? Even in the game it takes you to calculate the fuel required, then cross a couple of airspaces, watch the weather, and you need a flight plan for that. Even in r/l you won't take off without a simple plan covering where and what you'll be doing. Any other suggestions how to play it?Thanks.

I've never had to file a flight plan for a training flight in the practice area unless it was night. calculated fuel? We took of with the tanks filled to tabs.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

RC4 Doesn't support VFR? That's disappointing. I was about to order it. I was looking for better tower, approach and other control in relevent airspece, especially Class B. i try to avoid IFR for the most part unless weather demands it.

Guest wildfire563

Yep, If it's sunny out, I just fill 'er up, tell the tower I'm a goin' west, and on the way back I tell 'em I'm a comin' in (after a quick listen on the ATIS). (Class D - KASH).Thomas