Sign in to follow this  
cgw44

x plane woes

Downloaded x plane 11 thru steam on Friday. Did a short flight - worked fine.

Added the corenado ac500 on Saturday along with envirox. Did a longer flight with the ac500 - worked fine.

Sunday tried to fly had 2 ctds

Monday tried again 2 ctds again. I sent in a couple of crash logs for whatever it's worth

Today uninstalled xplane thru steam and deleted any files and then reinstalled with no addons.

Did a flight and after about an hour ctd.

Done with x plane - back to fsx.

What a disappointment.

cgw44

What type of resource are you running X Plane 11.

From what you describe, sound like your system is running hot that can lead the ctd after being able to run 2 flight fine.

Bob

Do you have Game Mode enabled?

I ask because I was having some CTD's after the Creator's Update and I enabled game mode.

I don't know if this was causing the CTD's or if it was the nvidia driver. In my case, it was the nvidia GL driver that was crashing.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

My system specs:   Intel i7 6700k quad core 4.6mhz overclocked liquid cooled

Nvidia gtx 1080 8mb

16 mb ram 

Windows 10 64bit

Should be able to handle x plane.

3 hours ago, cgw44 said:

I sent in a couple of crash logs for whatever it's worth

Did you try without xEnviro or other addons? Very often you find the reason for a crash in log.txt in the X-Plane main folder (it's not the crash report). Ypu can attach it here so we may have a look.

• Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

X-plane is one of these only programs that fully taxes your system. No benchmark comes close. 

I  recommend tot dial back your overclocking.

i had the same issue with xp10 back in the days though.  6700k aircooled 4.6ghz. was running stable at 65 degrees with prime95. Was stable for 90 minutes with prime95. Thought it was good enough. Never had any issues with other games, but lo and behold doing CTP crashes after 5 ish hours. Didnt happen everytime and took me a while to figure out. After a week of searching i did prime95 over night and sure as hell it brought me errors after 4-6 hours.

Dialed down to 4.4GHZ and never had a problem since.   Not saying it could be your problem, but showed you especially long haul CTD´s can be the result of that. Also what does your log.txt say ?

6 hours ago, cgw44 said:

This is almost certainly the source of your problem.  Overclocking can cause strange things to happen, especially with something as resource intensive as X-Plane 11 which will push your system harder than just about any other piece of software you own.  Basically, you're running your CPU out of spec, so there are no guarantees, even with additional cooling.

It MUST be your problem because i never had a crash with xp11 and i have a very mediocre system. Did you read the various instructions to adjust xplane to best suit your system?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

And along with all the other recommendations, insure that you have Thread Optimization Off. In my case (also a few other folks) it caused a BSOD after a Win 10 update.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

10 hours ago, cgw44 said:

Nvidia gtx 1080 8mb

16 mb ram 

Windows 10 64bit

Should be able to handle x plane.

There is a line of code that's causing X-Plane 11 to crash on Windows 10. It's being fixed.

1 hour ago, 738Captain said:

There is a line of code that's causing X-Plane 11 to crash on Windows 10. It's being fixed.

Are you speaking of the latest post on Ben's blog? Because that is specific to the WorldEditor, NOT to X-Plane itself.

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

1 hour ago, 738Captain said:

I'll wait to see what comes of that. I'm hoping that would be the case if not then I will follow the recommendations

of those who say to dial back my overclock - the cpu runs at 4ghz no clocking.