Sign in to follow this  
johnfo

Freeware Scenery & REX

I have the REX Airports HD add on installed from Steam. 
What happens if I download some freeware add-ons and install those? Is there any conflict with the payware scenery/textures & the downloaded one? Is the REX HD affected in any way? 

Thanks. 

Hi,

REX HD airports replaces the default FSX textures for airport buildings and airport vehicles (and maybe some others, I do not remember). If any add-on, freeware or payware, uses FSX default textures then you will see this add-on with the altered textures provided by REX. If the creator of the add-on has added his own textures (most often this goes along with new models for buildings etc.) then you will see the new textures provided with the add-on. You can check if the add-on comes with a scenery and a texture folder. If there is a texture folder this means that at least some models for buildings, etc. use custom made textures, not the default ones.

Best Regards

Frank