Sign in to follow this  
Stylie_

FSX SE Frame Drop When Wheels Move

Hi Guys
I Have had an issue in the last few weeks where as soon as my aircraft moves on the ground my frames drop from a steady 30-35 (PMDG)/30(FSLabs A320X) to around 20 (PMDG)/12-15(FSLabs). The frames stay like this whenever the aircraft moves but once it is stopped/airbourne normal service is resumed and i get 30+FPS. Any help would be grateful. I have all the needed tweaks and have reinsttalled FSX already in the past few days. This was not a present issue in the past only recently.
My Specs are below:
Intel i5-4690K @ 3.5GHz
16 GB Ram at 1866 MHz
Nvidia GTX 960 4GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming Edition
Installed on a 1TB Hard drive and FSX is the only game installed on there.

Just a guess - when wheels move, FSX starts updating the "bubble" around your aircraft, FSL or PMDG747 new external ground dynamics model kicks in, they both use CPU so FPS drops. If your mouse cursor is not hidden at this stage, fps hit will be even bigger. It was allways like this on my system with big payware airports, maybe you didn't notice it at some less FPS hungry airports. BTW, above 2000-3000ft it's normal to have a good steady fps

26 minutes ago, lodestar said:

Just a guess - when wheels move, FSX starts updating the "bubble" around your aircraft, FSL or PMDG747 new external ground dynamics model kicks in, they both use CPU so FPS drops. If your mouse cursor is not hidden at this stage, fps hit will be even bigger. It was allways like this on my system with big payware airports, maybe you didn't notice it at some less FPS hungry airports. BTW, above 2000-3000ft it's normal to have a good steady fps

That is my guess but it was always unnoticeable. I think it may be a windows update thing im not sure. One thing that has also changed is that my frames will half as soon as i cross the landing threshold and i am just above the runway making a landing near immpossible. I have tested my CPU and no faults. One thing i have noticed is that as soon as the pushback and the wheels turn the CPU utilisation drops from around 80% to 40%, the frames drop a few seconds after

Could this have anything to do with Ezdok if you use this add-on? I had an issue with the dynamic head movement when I was touching the ground on landing. My computer would come to a momentary stop upon touch down, jiggling around with the dynamic movments in Ezdok corrected this.  

2 hours ago, johnfo said:

Could this have anything to do with Ezdok if you use this add-on? I had an issue with the dynamic head movement when I was touching the ground on landing. My computer would come to a momentary stop upon touch down, jiggling around with the dynamic movments in Ezdok corrected this.  

Tried it with and without ezdok and no change

6 hours ago, Stylie_ said:

Tried it with and without ezdok and no change

which tweaks and settings you have?

18 hours ago, lodestar said:

FSX also does a vertex update whenever it passes over a grid. If this airport is right next to one, your frames will drop.