Sign in to follow this  
guit32

Auto spoiler don'work

hello

When I land with the 737 ngx I notice that the spoiler don't déployed. They deployed when I use the reverse only

They are arm with green light, no failure. I use A throttle quadrant

I don't know what is the probleme ? maybe I am not really at idle when I land but I am sur of yes

Any idea ?

Guillaume LE MENTEC

P3DV4.3/Windows 10/i5 4670 K@4.2

FSX has no animation in replay. So if you see this during an FSX instant replay that it why you see no deployment of the spoilers.

I use P3DV3, and when I said it doesn'work it is because the spoiler manette in the cockpit don't move

Guillaume LE MENTEC

Guillaume, please review FCOM 9.20.17 and notice the five requirements for speed brake deployment on landing.  The conditions are designed to allow a pilot to elect a go around after landing as long as TOGA is pressed before the squat switch closes and tires spin up.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes I have the 5 conditions and no still deployement 

I tried without the throttle quadrant and it works !!..

The proleme come from my joystick.. just have to find why 

Guillaume LE MENTEC

Hit F1 (default FSX) to ensure idle engines. Many throttles do not close completley and therefore no spoilers

I use fsuicp to programm the spoiler. To programme the spoilers to arm you have a choice with 2 items "Spoiler Arm on" or "Spoiler Arm set".

Initially I was using "Spoiler Arm on", the spoiler Arm physically in the cockpit but didn't deployed, the good programmation was "Spoiler Arm set" and then it works !

Guillaume LE MENTEC

Hi all

Spoiler/speedbrake logic is not correct. (FSX and Prepar3DV4)
1. On the ground speedbrake lever not in the armed position and you activate the reversers the speedbrake/spoiler must be deployed.
2. During the landing speedbrake lever armed and NO reverser action speedbrake/spoiler must be deployed on touch down.
3. During the landing speedbrake lever armed and reverser action speedbrake/spoiler must be deployed.

I checked the following situation:
a. Engines running etc. and during a stop somewhere on the tarmac i activated the reversers but i've got no reverser. Thats not correct.
With or without the speedbrakes armed. The throttles are full idle (F1)

Regards
Jo va Bra

11 hours ago, Jovabra said:

Hi all

Spoiler/speedbrake logic is not correct. (FSX and Prepar3DV4)
1. On the ground speedbrake lever not in the armed position and you activate the reversers the speedbrake/spoiler must be deployed.
2. During the landing speedbrake lever armed and NO reverser action speedbrake/spoiler must be deployed on touch down.
3. During the landing speedbrake lever armed and reverser action speedbrake/spoiler must be deployed.

I checked the following situation:
a. Engines running etc. and during a stop somewhere on the tarmac i activated the reversers but i've got no reverser. Thats not correct.
With or without the speedbrakes armed. The throttles are full idle (F1)

Regards
Jo va Bra

Hardware misconfig. If you bring the throttles into reverse, you'll get reverse. If you're not getting it, then it's going to be something interfering on your system. The blind claim that it's not correct is a little out of place.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

I wrote: "i activated the reversers but i've got no reversers" is a wrong statement. I mean; i activated the reversers but i have no activation of
the spoilers. (with or without arming the speedbrake/spoilers lever) Sorry for this.

Regards
Jo va Bra

27 minutes ago, Jovabra said:

Hi Kyle,

I wrote: "i activated the reversers but i've got no reversers" is a wrong statement. I mean; i activated the reversers but i have no activation of
the spoilers. (with or without arming the speedbrake/spoilers lever) Sorry for this.

Regards
Jo va Bra

Are you sure that’s correct logic for the NG? It is for the 777, but do you know for sure the 737 behaves the same way?

Yes
lets say for 99%. Its is typical Boeing system behaviour like the B747-300/400 - B767 Same logic.
About the 747 I was partlyI involved in an unwanted incident on the ground when testing the reverser. We where forgotten to pull the cb,s for the spoilers deactivation and immediately after activating the reverser handle the spoiler panels came up and hit the overwing bridge with material damage on the bridge and some spoiler panels (pneumatic and hydraulic was active)

I check for the 737 the last 1%
Regards

4 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Are you sure that’s correct logic for the NG? It is for the 777, but do you know for sure the 737 behaves the same way?

That is difinitely correct logic for the real world 737NG. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

No problem I wasn't sure so thought I'd ask the question