Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Anyone using Reality XP GTN 750 in XP11?

I used this product in P3D and just loved the 750 for if nothing else, flight awareness of where I was in relationship to airports, VOR's, etc.  Any and all comments welcome.

A good followup question would be how much better is it to the likes of Aerobask's version, that's built-in to their Eclipse 550 ng?  I used the Flight One GTN650 (perhaps made by the same folks) in P3D and it was a heck of a step up from a default gps.

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Been using the GTN and GNS in XP11 since jean-Luc/RXP introduced it. Works very well. Looking forward to, if ever the ability to undock to a separate monitor. That's a Laminar deal. I dont have the Eclipse so can't comment on the comparison though I read it has limitations. The RXP is fully functional, GPS approaches etc, as with the F1 versions.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Been using the GTN and GNS in XP11 since jean-Luc/RXP introduced it. Works very well. Looking forward to, if ever the ability to undock to a separate monitor. That's a Laminar deal. I dont have the Eclipse so can't comment on the comparison though I read it has limitations. The RXP is fully functional, GPS approaches etc, as with the F1 versions.

Can you use the GTN 750 as a popup in any aircraft?  I used to do this in P3D and miss this capability.

1 hour ago, PDX Flyer said:

Can you use the GTN 750 as a popup in any aircraft?  I used to do this in P3D and miss this capability.

Yes you can.  It is my favorite add-on. 

• Upvote 1

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Just now, Howiefly13 said:

Yes you can.  It is my favorite add-on. 

Well I am now going to make the jump and buy it.  Thanks so much!:ha:

3 hours ago, Jimm said:

A good followup question would be how much better is it to the likes of Aerobask's version, that's built-in to their Eclipse 550 ng?  I used the Flight One GTN650 (perhaps made by the same folks) in P3D and it was a heck of a step up from a default gps.

Another good followup question would be if it's possible to place the RXP GTN 750 in the location of the Aerobask GTN. I'm curious about if it is, and if it's possible to retain flight plan display and autopilot control on the Dynon MFD/PFD in doing so. Aerobask can't provide any details, since they don't develop / test on Windows.

Also - RealityXP is not the developer of the GTN 750/650 sold directly by Flight1. It's a bit confusing, as RealityXP used the Flight1 e-commerce wrapper to sell their original GNS & gauge products. But the GTN units that came out a couple of years ago were developed (or at least published - I don't know the intricacies of Flight1 development) in-house by Flight1.

However, the original RealityXP GNS products, the newer Flight1 GTN gauges, and the most recently introduced RealityXP GTN gauges all (to my knowledge) use the same technology, where they require the actual Garmin trainer to be installed, and essentially use the functionality of the trainer in the background to run the corresponding gauge in the simulator. This is what allows them to be nearly 1:1 recreations of the Garmin units, but with various limitations, such as only being able to use the Garmin navigational databases.

In comparison, the Aerobask units are an attempt to recreate the functionality of the GTN from the ground up. They've done very, very well - many screens look identical - but there are some differences in use, and not all of the functionality from the Garmin units has been recreated. A big plus however is that the Aerobask units have a bit more flexibility in terms of flight plan saving / importing, and can be updated with current navdata from Navigraph.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

You may want to pop over to the Avsim Reality XP/ Xplane forum and ask jean-Luc. My idea is there is still limits of what can be done with XP11 plane maker as far as swapping guages. I do know it's not as simple as FSX/P3d. My understanding is gauges are animation and or objects in X Plane.

3 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

You may want to pop over to the Avsim Reality XP/ Xplane forum and ask jean-Luc. My idea is there is still limits of what can be done with XP11 plane maker as far as swapping guages. I do know it's not as simple as FSX/P3d. My understanding is gauges are animation and or objects in X Plane.

That's my understanding as well... you still need to model the 3d gauges like you did in P3D/FSX.  But you can add the gauges as a popup to any aircraft.  There is one mod for the default XP11 C172 that uses a 3D version 750/650 combo or a dual 750 combo in the VC.  The person who did that mod is apparently doing more mods for default aircraft.

If I had to guess if you put the RXP GTN into the Aerobask Panthera or Eclipse it wouldn't drive the Dynon Skyview.  But maybe it would...

As for functionality...  I love the Aerobask products.  I mean they made a GTN unit from scratch.  Impressive feat.  But yes there are some limitations.  No actual working IAP's (imo).  You can select them via not selecting a STAR, but sometimes the waypoints will be skipped during an approach.  I believe they said they are working on PROC's.  The units are easily updateable via navigraph however (the same data default XP uses).  VNAV calc is missing, along with click and drag (rubber band) flight plan editing.  There is no airspace (and a lot of other geo features) drawn on the Aerobask units either.  A big negative for me as I fly on Pilot Edge.  However that might not be an issue for others who fly offline.  However as they stress on their forums, their units DO work on three operating systems.  Where RXP only works on Windows (and I think they are working on Mac support in the future).  There are a few other minor features missing but the jist of the units is working.

Now if I could just get a new PC to handle their aircraft I'd be happier!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |