Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Carenado Aircraft

Guest Easy Xjer

Does any one have instructions on how to use the Nav-o matic? I cant get it to hold alt or track the heading bug. Thanbks Dan

Guest davidvoogd

The Navomatics won't hold altitude, it's not a feature on them. It should hold the heading bug in heading mode though, it works for me on both the 182RG and the 206. Be sure to email Carenado as they are generally pretty quick to respond to support questions, at least in my experience.

The only altitude hold in a Carenado model Cessna w/Nav-o-matic is the Centurion 210. And it is quite 'finicky'.I finally found user maunual's for a couple versions of the Nav-o-matic's doing a exhaustive web search.They are pretty simple actually, and nothing in the manual that I could not figure out by using them....actually, figuring out how to use the altitude hold in the 210 was driving me nuts...thus my search.But as has been said, if you are looking for altitude hold on the 182 or 206, you won't find them, as they are earlier models that do not include that function.....the Nav-o-matic's are somewhat a source of comedy relief for some real world Cessna pilots....I read one pilot to say; "if your Nav-o-matic does not feel like responding to your input, you may try putting a couple quarters in it and see if that helps" ;)Oh yea...and as far as the heading hold...you may want make sure you don't have it switched to GPS mode, although heading should take precident IIRC....I dunno....I have my Carenado Cessana's outfitted with Reality RXP 430 GNS units and swapped out the Nav-o-matic with a default Bendix AP....so I'm going by memory.

Guest Easy Xjer

Yes I have the Cessna Centurion 210. The heading problem it was set to glideslope oooppppssss. But alt hold is very tricky need constant monitering i sthat how they were back then? How can I swap out to default bendix or some thing else? Thanks

ooops ;)Yea, that is how they were back then, and still are today if you have one. They do require consistant monitoring, and if you do not have the plane trimmed correctly it just makes it worse. I got pretty good at using it after a few times of trying different approaches to when/how to set it up.I have to take off in a bit, but I can probably send you a panel.cfg change to bring one of the stock Bendix units into the panel...It will just take me a bit of time, as I only have mine modified for VC mode.I do keep a copy of the origional panel and simply call my reconfigured panel by a different name...thus, I can use it with one, two, or more 'texture models', while keeping a couple 'origional' configurations. I could also send you a copy of that Nav-O-Matic user manual I found which is scanned and in .PDF format....Here is a shot of my upgraded 210 panel:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/138786.jpg

Guest Easy Xjer

I would appreciate the manual for the navomatic and instructions if you have the time on how to change panels. I can do some minor programming with instruction. That panel of yours looks fabulous. How did you get the view "pushed back" so you can see the whole panel? Also the freeware aircraft I have dont show landing lights in cockpit mode how can I change this?Thanks Dan

>I have to take off in a bit, but I can probably send you a>panel.cfg change to bring one of the stock Bendix units into>the panel...It will just take me a bit of time, as I only have>mine modified for VC mode.>Hi,I've pretty much stopped flying the Carenado 182 and 210 because of my frustration with the Nav-O-Matic system. So, if you ever get around to writing that 2D panel.cfg change, I would sincerely appreciate getting a copy.Thanks,Jacke-mail:jackandclair@comcast.net

A bit OT, but I have hardware for controlling the AP (Goflight GF-MCP) and with that I can actually also use VS and altitude hold in the Carenado 182. So the functions are there but not reachable through the AP panel.I agree that it's otherwise a pain flying the plane over long distances (without altitude hold) but the plane is just so great otherwise that it is now my standard GA plane of choice (and I do have the Dreamfleet Bonanza A36, Flight 1 172, Realair 260 and many more. Especially using it with TrackIR is so rewarding!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

OK folks, I worked on the 210 panel this evening and I think I have everything working. I don't have the 182, but do have the stationair (and have changed that out as well). If you look closely at what I have changed in the 210 you may be able to tackle the 182 yourself.This stuff isn't really that tough to change, just takes a brief understanding and a bit of time.I have the 210 done in both 2D and VC mode, and also added the Bendix to the pop-up radio panel from the 2D as well. Unfortunatly the Nav-O-Matic is simply a .bmp file in the 2D panel view (a 'dummy'), but if you click on the 'hot spot' you will bring up the Bendix in place of the Nav-O...The Bendix is fully functional in the VC.Let me take it for a quick 'spin' tommorow evening, shoot an ILS, and if everything checks out, I'll email you 'the goods'. ;)You will get the Nav-O-Matic .PDF manual as a bonus! :D

Even if the autopilot does not offer ALT hold as an option, most planes will still respond to the FS "CTL-Z" command which is "Altitude Hold", once the autopilot is turned on, "Z" key..Try it, it may just offer you a workload reduction on long flights.

Bert

Guest Easy Xjer

Thanks a bunch. I work 14 hour days for the next 3 months then Ill be jobless. Maybe get some time to try to work that out. Saw some posts on creating panels and stuff get time to read and try myself. Thanks again Dan

Dan, check your mail. I have the modifications done and need your email if you want me to send the files.

Guest Easy Xjer

Got them thank you. I just fired up my default baron 58 and when it loaded no gauges. the panel is there but no gauges. Any suggestions on how to get them back?. I have no idea on where they went.