Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Static AI?

Are there any AI programs out there that only populate the AI at the gates or on the ground that doesn't have an impact on performance?  I see a lot of folks in X-Plane and on P3D that fly online (like myself) but also land at populated airports.  It would be nice to land and airports that aren't ghost towns.  However, all of the AI traffic applications that I have seen actually have the AI planes flying and therefore would interfere with performance and with my flight plan/ATC.  I have one airport (KPSP) from Orbx that comes with static aircraft but that is the only one I have seen.  Thoughts?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

You might want to look at UTII Live. I'm using my old settings from UTII at 30% and there is significantly more traffic with no frame rate hit. Also, the jetways move at the major hubs with no noticeable impact either.

So, what I'm saying here is you can have both :biggrin:

Mark

This is realitvely easy to do with an external SimConnect tool. I have just made one exactly like that for a customer who is running a  simulator setup with a full-scale A320 flighdeck. His customers pay for the time in the simulator and they naturally don't want to wait in line at the runway or be chased by AI on the approach while the clock is ticking. The technique is simple: you run a normal BGL based AI traffic program and use the external tool to eliminate all AI that doesn't have a "stationary" AiTraffic state value. Using C# this isn't but a few dozen lines of code.

I suppose some of those AITraffic controller or limiter tools should be able to do the same.

Or you could use WAMA to place static AI aircraft yourself.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

42 minutes ago, newtie said:

You might want to look at UTII Live. I'm using my old settings from UTII at 30% and there is significantly more traffic with no frame rate hit. Also, the jetways move at the major hubs with no noticeable impact either.

So, what I'm saying here is you can have both :biggrin:

Mark

But he cannot use a program like UTII live on Vatsim or Ivao, that is his issue.

Wouldn't it be very confusing to mix online traffic with other traffic regardless if it's static or moving?

How would you know if a gate is occupied by another online fellow or if it's just a static model?

I'm doing all my flying online and I never use anything but the online traffic. Sure I too many times wish there was more traffic but for the reasons listed above I don't see how mixing online traffic with offline traffic could be a good solution.

Richard Åsberg