Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron99

POV Hat FSX SE Panning View Problem

Hello All

I am a new LINDA User and am going through the process of setting up LINDA with FSX SE for the first time.  I have read Brian 747s excellent  Introducing LINDA document multiple times and have followed it.  Firstly the required information so I can be helped

1.  LINDA application version = Ver 2.9.3

2.  LINDA Module Name and Version = MS FSX Default aircrafts Ver 1.0

3.  FSX SE.  Fresh install.  I have FSUIPC (Registered copy) Version 4.964 installed.  I have deleted the FSUIPC.ini file and let it create a new fresh one

4.  Cessna 172 default version (although it doesn't seem to matter which default aircraft I load the same problem exists with any aircraft)

5.  What was I trying to do?  Well I'm on page 19 of Brian 747s instructions.  I have configured my (brand new) controls (a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Thrustmaster pedals - I splashed out!  I also have a old CH Products yoke connected) and I have checked that they are both recognised by Windows and LINDA.  They all are.  All the axes, buttons, (and perhaps importantly for this problem?), the POV Hat  on the Thrustmaster Joystick indicate properly in the WINDOWS 10 (64 bit version) Joystick - HOTAS Warthog Game Controllers properties window - where you can test buttons/axes POV etc.  I have noticed that in this window my POV Hat is not as a button but as a POV Hat!  Is this an important distinction as far as LINDA is concerned??)t. 

Anyway.  What I was trying to do was setup the "vanilla" actions for fsx's default aircraft first in LINDA.  Having firstly ensured that there were no axes or buttons assigned in FSX SE itself (by deleting every axis and button assignment in Normal and Slew modesvia Options Controls) and then checking that no buttons were assigned in FSUIPC (I used to use FSUIPC for that but now have LINDA).

The first button/s I wanted to program was my POV button on my Thrustmaster joystick.  When I pushed the POV to its 8 different positions they get recognised as H1: 1 to H8. I configured these as follos

FSX DEFAULT AIRCRAFT - Documented Control Assignments

Control Label               No                          Assignment

NOSE DOWN               ↑ H1: 1 on              FSX : PAN_UP:0  (in FSX standard controls)

NOSE UP                       ↓ H1: 5 on             FSX : PAN_DOWN:0  (in FSX standard controls)

RWD                               → H1 :3 on           FSX : PAN_RIGHT:0  (in FSX standard controls)

LWD                               ←H1 :7 on              FSX : PAN_LEFT:0  (in FSX standard controls)

NONE                              ↗ H1:2 on              FSX : PAN_RIGHT_UP:0  (in FSX standard controls)

NONE                              ↖ H1:8 on               FSX : PAN_LEFT_UP:0  (in FSX standard controls)

NONE                               ↙ H1:6 on              FSX : PAN_LEFT_DOWN:0  (in FSX standard controls)

NONE                               ↙ H1:4 on              FSX : PAN_RIGHT_DOWN:0  (in FSX standard controls)

What the problem is as follows:  Having saved the LINDA config the view (when using the POV on the joystick) in the aircraft seems to PAN straight UP and straight DOWN fine.  It stops panning when I release the POV.  It also PANS LEFT and RIGHT fine. 

However if I select either PAN RIGHT UP or PAN LEFT UP or PAN RIGHT DOWN or PAN LEFT DOWN the view movement is very jerky and  when I release the POV button the view in the aircraft just keeps on panning long after I have released the POV button.   I cant stop it from continuing to pan until it stops itself much later even though I have released the POV

In LINDA I have set the Commands to occur ON PRESS and ON REPEAT but on release I have set Do nothing. 

For example;

On Press                             On Repeat                          On Release

H1: 1    FSX: PAN DOWN:0            FSX: PAN DOWN: 0          Do nothing

I have no idea why the pan views in any default aircraft Virtual View will not pan up right/left or pan down right/left properly and why they don't stop panning when I release the POV on my Thrustmaster Joystick POV.  Probably I am doing something silly - but I don't know what is causing this to happen????

Can you please help me ?

Thanks

Paul

26 minutes ago, RedBaron99 said:

I have no idea why the pan views in any default aircraft Virtual View will not pan up right/left or pan down right/left properly and why they don't stop panning when I release the POV on my Thrustmaster Joystick POV.  Probably I am doing something silly - but I don't know what is causing this to happen????

Can you please help me ?

Thanks

Paul

The way you are trying to do it is totally out of date.

Forget about using LINDA for the POV.
You need to set it up as an axis which LINDA does not handle.
Just go to the FSUICP axis tab and move the POV button.
You will see that it is recognized as an axis.
Just assign PanView to it there.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi Paul

Welcome to LINDA and the LINDA community. As gobz says, LINDA is not recommended for POV functions as it is unable to respond as quickly as required. Also position 8 does not work with all HATs. I use the FSX/P3D POV setup but FSUIPC4 is equally good.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks gboz and Scot

I was so doggedly sticking to the text of Brian 747s instructions I had it in my head that FSUIPC must handle all axis and LINDA all buttons.  I will revert to using FSX directly for the POV (and have used FSUIPC in the past).  Thanks for the clarification

Best regards

Paul

Hi Paul

While Brian's user manual is very well written and comprehensive it is a little out of date for the newer features and functionality I have added over the past few years. I hope you enjoy flying with LINDA.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew