Sign in to follow this  
vp49p3

VOXATC Reinstall/Beta Purchase Possible?

The VOX 7.2 beta doesn't cost anything, but the trial runs out after 60 days, just like if you downloaded prior payware versions without purchasing.  After the trial, 7.2 says you have to purchase a license, but there isn't any way to purchase it.  Xplane 11 allowed purchase of the Beta, with upgrade to the final 11 version without further cost.  Too bad this isn't an option with VOX as I'd gladly pay to keep using the beta, and the company could start making money again.  Has anyone suggested this to Tegwyn?  Any response?   I'm going to directly ask VOX about this.

Also, has anyone been able to reinstall after the 60 days has run?  I haven't tried one of the registry cleaners yet to get the last bit of VOX out, thus (probably?) allowing reinstall.  It seems that if the Beta can't be purchased, and there's no option to do so, there should be an indefinite license to use the Beta.

Anyone have any ideas?  I first started using the boxed version, and just hate to see VOX run into a brick wall.

Thanks much.

Jay

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

This is the recommendation that I got. It works but I had to use the uninstaller program to clear the registry.

"You can just uninstall the beta and then reinstall it. I was able to restart the 60 day clock, although a few people in this thread said that a reinstall didn't work for them. I used Total Uninstall which cleans up the Windows registry after an uninstall. In the past, I've used CCleaner which is one of those infamous registry "cleaners", but Total Uninstall targets only a single app to make sure that nothing is left behind in the registry."

NAX669.png

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, mwilk said:

This is the recommendation that I got. It works but I had to use the uninstaller program to clear the registry.

"You can just uninstall the beta and then reinstall it. I was able to restart the 60 day clock, although a few people in this thread said that a reinstall didn't work for them. I used Total Uninstall which cleans up the Windows registry after an uninstall. In the past, I've used CCleaner which is one of those infamous registry "cleaners", but Total Uninstall targets only a single app to make sure that nothing is left behind in the registry."

Thanks much mwilk.  I couldn't reinstall after the 60 days, so I'll try Total Uninstall.  Just sent a message through the VOXATC contact page asking if they'd consider using the Xplane business model.  I'll let all know of any response.

I just also sent a similar message to RC Simulations on their website contact page, and a second message on the VOX contact page with additional sales suggestions.

I don't know if they realize they're leaving money on the table, and I'm really looking forward to their response--whatever it is....

This is the strangest beta I've ever seen. The developer has virtually disappeared. Any info comes by way of a third party. I don't know if the developer is having health issues or what. That may explain the lack of communication. He didn't used to be like that.

NAX669.png

I contacted Tegwyn throwing in my 2 cents in favor of this idea.  Not holding my breath though. I hope he is ok. This is uncharacteristic.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, vp49p3 said:

I just also sent a similar message to RC Simulations on their website contact page, and a second message on the VOX contact page with additional sales suggestions.

I don't know if they realize they're leaving money on the table, and I'm really looking forward to their response--whatever it is....

No response from anyone yet :(