Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Freeware Cessna 195. Good enough to save £7+ ?

There's a freeware Cessna 195 available which does look pretty good visually. There's an issue with the VC, but externally it looks great. Here's the VC:-

2017-4-13_17-29-58-138_zps1je8jybt.png

Here's the shiny Cessna.

2017-4-13_17-29-41-847_zpsjtbyofaw.png

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/5028/fsx-cessna-195-shakey-jake/

Now I've had opinions that the Flysimware payware 195 doesn't feel right to fly or land even for a taildragger :p  Does this freeware example fly any better? I can land it without making a mess...

Cheers.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I fly the freeware shakey Jake!  Flies and lands like it should!  Great aircraft!  I'm

wearing pants, though!

JakeVC.jpg

ShakeyJake.jpg

Edited by charliearon
Added VC picture

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Now that you are looking into alternatives, maybe you want to look at a different aircraft?

JustFlight's Electra Model 10A is quite nice.

Two engines, a bit older, a bit larger, a bit faster, but still a classic tail dragger :)

Charlie - I notice that the coaming in your screenshots is black and not transparent, not to mention a different panel. Is there another version?

Thomas - nice find. The Electra is indeed a classic, and it's the same price over on Just Flight, but we're almost into DC-3 territory. I don't know why, but I'm not keen on the overall looks . Hey, we're all different and I do appreciate the idea. Thank you.

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1 hour ago, HighBypass said:

Charlie - I notice that the coaming in your screenshots is black and not transparent, not to mention a different panel. Is there another version?

I got this version in the Flightsim.com library.  It's for FS2004 but is a perfect match for FSX.  The

file is shkyjake.zip

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks Francis, but I've already applied that. I still have the missing black curved part at the top of the instrument panel (well, it may be there, but it is totally transparent...).

Mark Robinson

Solved it! There's a texture , blleather. I just inverted the Alpha from within DXTbmp, and I now have a black leather coaming above the instrument panel. :) 

Mark Robinson