Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Level D 767 for P3D Now Available

Hello all,

I've put in an Origin and Destination in the FMC and tried typing in a Co Route however, it wont allow me to press the "Activate" select key and "Execute" the information. If I got to the Dep/Arrival page I can select Runways, SID's and STAR's. I've downloaded MSXML.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

- Jonathan Daley

12 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

If your MCP does not work you may need to make sure SimConnect is installed into P3D. This is included with P3D and you just double click on the msi file...

PATH_TO_PREPAR3D\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

MSXML4 may also be required on some machines.

If you go to the Level-D support forum, the above is discussed there also.

Hi Steve

I have installed SimConnect as above and also MSXML4, rebooted and reinstalled in both P3D3 and FSX-SE.

The only difference when first running the FSX-SE version are the multiple popups requesting permission to run the LevelD.dll and all the multiple gauges. The popups do not appear when first running in P3D3, but this is probably normal.

The end results in both FSX-SE and P3D3 are exactly the same - blank, non-functional MCP, fluttering N2 gauge and missing flap position indication.

Rory

1 hour ago, roryconor said:

Hi Steve

I have installed SimConnect as above and also MSXML4, rebooted and reinstalled in both P3D3 and FSX-SE.

The only difference when first running the FSX-SE version are the multiple popups requesting permission to run the LevelD.dll and all the multiple gauges. The popups do not appear when first running in P3D3, but this is probably normal.

The end results in both FSX-SE and P3D3 are exactly the same - blank, non-functional MCP, fluttering N2 gauge and missing flap position indication.

Rory

Have you installed the FSX-SP1 Simconnect version, located here: P3D\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\ ?

I noticed I didn't have this installed. After installing it, everything was working

Chris

7 hours ago, Jonathan93102 said:

Hello all,

I've put in an Origin and Destination in the FMC and tried typing in a Co Route however, it wont allow me to press the "Activate" select key and "Execute" the information. If I got to the Dep/Arrival page I can select Runways, SID's and STAR's. I've downloaded MSXML.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

Have you done all other pre flight in the FMC?  Should have INIT and PERF page all filled out then you should be able to activate and execute. Was the same for me. 

I caved. I am a sucker for really good deep systems simulations. I remember flying this alot way back when and really missed it. Though I couldnt find my old fs9 DVD negativing any discount, I bought anyway. Crazy right. While the cockpit looks very old like a back in time to FS9 days, the simulation is still top notch even better than alot of other similar 767/757 attempts by a long shot. Everything just works well. Fun aircraft to fly whereby its not so highly automated that there is things to do.  Test flight done, now crossing the pond. 

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

6 hours ago, roryconor said:

Hi Steve

Rory

P3D doesn't have any popup requests anymore, that has been eliminated.

Have you tried to install older C++ redistributables, maybe 2005/2008? The MD-11 required them, the LevelD might as well since they're older simulations.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

4 hours ago, channaffm said:

Have you installed the FSX-SP1 Simconnect version, located here: P3D\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\ ?

I noticed I didn't have this installed. After installing it, everything was working

Chris

Hi Chris

I have control !

I did not find the SP1 msi in the folder you mentioned but downloaded a zipped set of files from http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=simconnect

1-RTM/Simconnect.msi
2-SP1/Simconnect.msi
3-XPACK/Simconnect.msi

Previously I had also followed Steve's advice:-

Steve Halpern said:

If your MCP does not work you may need to make sure SimConnect is installed into P3D. This is included with P3D and you just double click on the msi file...

Running all of  these has done the trick so hopefully this information will be use of anyone else stuck without an operational Level-D.

Very many thanks, I really have been missing this benchmark aircraft,

Rory

19 minutes ago, roryconor said:

Hi Chris

I have control !

I did not find the SP1 msi in the folder you mentioned but downloaded a zipped set of files from http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=simconnect

1-RTM/Simconnect.msi
2-SP1/Simconnect.msi
3-XPACK/Simconnect.msi

Previously I had also followed Steve's advice:-

Steve Halpern said:

Running all of  these has done the trick so hopefully this information will be use of anyone else stuck without an operational Level-D.

Very many thanks, I really have been missing this benchmark aircraft,

Rory

Great, that's good to hear!! It's not a bad old bird actually. Admittedly, the VC is outdated by today's standards, but it's perfectly flyable. The flight dynamics of the Level-D are top notch. I totally agree, she was a benchmark aircraft in her day. The most important gauges and switches are functional and the FMC is programmable, to the extent you need to be able to complete a reasonably realistic flight. I'm happy with her!

Happy flying!

Chris 

Well I bought Zinerteks VC upgrade and must say Im happy with it. I had the LDS 767 since FS9 days and for a long time it was the only aircraft I used. Sure, we have been spoiled with todays offerings from PMDG/Majestic/FSLabs but I have to say after a short flight between Pago Pago and Rarotonga I was surprised as to how well the old girl fared.

I installed TSS sounds for the CF6-80 which added a little more to the experience. A happy camper!!

• Upvote 3

In case you haven't seen it, Zinetrek has released a new P3D/FSX texture set for the LD767.  This package really updates the VC!  You can find it on Simmarket....

Matt King

On 4/15/2017 at 9:29 AM, Anxu00 said:

What's the difference between this one and the one made by Andre? Thanks

HI I believe the resolution on this one is higher then Andre's textures. 

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

It appears the right SimConnect is SP1.

If you run SP1 SimConnect, it should fix the blank MCP and flickering gauge issue.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Just got my Zinertek VC Panel at PC Aviator for $5.15. Taco Tuesday plus $5.00 customer loyalty discount.

Just braggin.:happy:

Vic green

Anyone else having an issue where on loading the aircraft N2 will not go down to 0?  They won't go below the mid 20's.  I read others saying they had issues of N2 "flickering" or something like that but I'm guessing this is different as I'm not having any of the associated FMS issues.  After doing a flight and cutting off fuel they will drop to zero.  

My startup flight is a cold and dark trike.

I also cannot seem to do a proper start up on the aircraft, started switches won't move to GND (or anywhere else for that matter).

seems like the saving and loading a panel state from a flight is INOP?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 2017-04-17 at 4:06 PM, Major_Bloodnok said:

I installed TSS sounds for the CF6-80 which added a little more to the experience. A happy camper!!

Is that the "HD" version or the older version?  I just bought the HD version and have a pop/click sound...just emailed TSS about it.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

25 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Is that the "HD" version or the older version?  I just bought the HD version and have a pop/click sound...just emailed TSS about it.

Its the older version - it seems to be working OK at the moment!!