Sign in to follow this  
orbmis

GTN750 w/ Phenom 300 Sh-3 Panel Missing

Hello,

Just finished installing Bert's fine GTN750 mod for the Phenom 300, and it seems to be working like a charm. Thanks to Bert for his great work!

One thing I have noticed is that I no longer have the ability to bring up the Autopilot/Altitude set/Vertical speed/etc. panel that was previously activated with Shift-3 key combination. Has anyone else experienced this effect?? Having this panel made takeoff prep & post takeoff activities easier, as I could just turn on AP, set up Yaw damper, and both horizontal & vertical navigation modes.

A- is this something amiss with my install process??

B-If others are experiencing this, is it something that could be addressed?? (Hint Bert <grin>)

Thanks,

Mike

I made some changes to the autopilot logic, and did not update the popup gauges...but you can make all those adjustments in the VC.

Why do you need a popup?

BTW, you do not really turn on the AP on the ground, do you?

Bert

Right, VC always works better for me, I don't use popup at all. And we don't turn on AP on ground, otherwise the AP starts to follow Flight Director, mess up take-off.... I think.

BTW, thank you so much Bert for sending me your app. I will install it this weekend. 

Bert, can I ask what autopilot logic did you change, so it behaves different than the original AP?

Don't tell me the changes are documented in some readme in installation folder :) I haven't looked and installed it yet, but will soon... :)

I just cleaned up the code and made it work nicely with the gtn750.

No functional changes.

Bert

Hi Bert,

Don't need the AP while on the ground, but right after takeoff, when retracting landing gear, flaps up, etc. it was easier... At that point in the flight, I preferred to have an uncluttered cockpit view. When it was time, I would simply Sh-3 to activate the pop up, turn on AP, activate either hdg or NAV mode, set up either FLC or Vspeed, and then just close down the popup.

But not an issue changing over to a VC perspective for this section of flight. I was just trying to establish whether it was a designed thing, or whether I might have mis-stepped during the installation process.

Thanks again for your continued efforts and support... much appreciated!!

Take Care,

Mike

Here is what I do..

On the ground, turn on FD and select all the autopilot modes and settings for the climbout.

After wheels up, turn on the AP.

• Upvote 1

Bert